View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 08:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
sob
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by phredgreen
i'm voting kerry/edwards, because i feel that the current administration has pushed this country too far right with their religious mandates. the separation of church and state has been trampled upon and it is creating a new and disturbing brand of discrimination that simply should not be.
Examples?

Quote:
i also feel that the current administration has put entirely too much time and energy into endeavours that are ultimately fruitless all around the world. we have funnelled countless dollards into a war without justifications, while americans go by needing basic care, education, and shelter. this should be addressed before we give anything else to other countries.
I go along with that in regard to foreign aid, but personally, I'm going to have a tough time paying everyone else's rent, food, transportation, college, and cable TV if I'm dead from a terrorist attack. Kerry hasn't shown me that he has even a vague notion of how to deal with terrorists.

Quote:
we have a strong, capable country.
With more and more noisy "victims" who keep trying to entitle themselves to the fruits of others' labors. How much longer can we subsidize sloth before our economy resembles Germany's, or France's?

Quote:
it is asinine that we should have american citizens that are uneducated, underfed, homeless, or sick without care. true american success will come about when nobody wants for basic needs in life, and our current administration simply dosen't care about that.
I'm not sure why they should expect a different situation when some take drugs, drop out of school in the sixth grade, and haven't worked since, but I think I've got the concept:

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need?"

I'll go along with that if you can show me a country where it's worked.

Quote:
Naturally the common people don’t want war. But after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and for exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.
- Hermann Goering, Hitler’s Reich Marshall, at the Nuremberg Trials after World War II
'If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may be a worst case. You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.'

Winston Churchill

And if you think the "slaves" part is an exaggeration, you need to reseach the percentage of Muslims in the world whose avowed goal is the destruction of non-Muslims.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62