View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 06:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
cosmoknight
Tilted

Quote:
Originally posted by pan6467
While the take that "it can't happen" or "this shows how nuts in hating Bush some people are", can be very legitimate.

One does have to ask the question, "Why are so many people afraid of what Bush is doing and do think he is capable of doing something like this?"

It's not the press, I have yet to see them truly dig at Bush like they did Clinton.

I just have never seen this oddity or as a student of history read of anything like this, since the Civil War, where albeit a small minority, but not as small as one may think, is so in fear of the US government and it's president, that he may try something to stay in office.

We can argue it's partisan politics, but there are those in the GOP party that are worried and have lost faith in the man.

This is not to flame, this is truly my wondering why this is happening.

Is it an anomoly in our political system that perhaps has been building for sometime and it just happens Bush is in office as we peak with our fears of government?

Is there rationality behind the fears that the people see?

Is it we are at a crossroads where people are so split in political (and even economical) theories that the belief that this election is so much more important than any in the past people on both sides are becoming worried about what is going to happen?

Is it partisan politics have gotten so far out of hand that people have or are losing faith and looking for corruption in our system?

Or is it human nature in some to want to sense conspiracies and secret agendas in things, so as in some way to be able to say, "see, things are rigged so I have no control, so why should I care."

Or could it be a bit of all?

Just curious and wondering what you all think.

And this is very much political because it can influence how people vote, or if they vote at all.
This same bit of paranoia happened during the 2000 election just in another guise. When it dragged on for days many thought Clinton would step in for the good of the country and take another term. Seeing as how congress just passed laws to deal with almost their complete eradication I would think the Presidency would go right on schedule. Most right wingers like myself believe in the rule of law according to the Constitution and it shouldn't be tampered with by either party.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62