View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally posted by ARTelevision
We do have a forum entitled Tilted Paranoia. The fact that this sort of spin on a subject of actual significance as regards our national security and the safety of our citizenry is being posted here is revealing enough in itself to let this stand as an example of how far-fetched political discourse can become. In my opinion, this is a quite irrational idea. I won't be commenting further unless it becomes a fiasco.
Perhaps, it is irrational and far-fetched but the possibility is becoming far more conceiveable.

Quote:
Originally posted by wonderwench
Another situation of "damned if they do - damned if they don't". I can just imagine the cacaphony if the Bush Administration didn't raise concerns and put programs in place to protect the election process - and then the election were disrupted with a series of terrorist attacks.

I also see a correlation between people who promote such conspiracies as in the original post and those who loudly claim that Bush did not do enough to prevent 9/11.
I do believe Bush did what he could, we were not prepared for what happened and had no internal defense mechanisms in place. We do now, unfortunately it took 9/11 to get us there.

And yes, your point about the elections damned if they do do anything to protect us and damned if they don't is valid.

However, I just don't think we'll make it to the elections if it looks like Bush is going to lose. Martial Law is a Constitutional right of the president.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54