View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
ARTelevision
I change

I don't believe in any spiritual anything.
I'm deeply conservative, economically and politically.

I think there's a wrong-headed trend to politicalize the personal evident in our society. I see that as nothing but self-serving power-mongering - another form of the pervasive "me-ism" we see all around us. I do understand that political realities will move in this direction. It is divisive politics.

As far as my own views on social issues:

I oppose marriage as a concept for everyone. I'm in favor of contractual relationships between people, period.

I'm all for abortion. I don't see any good reason for having children. There's the biological imperative, of course - and that's hardly going to change based on my own personal views. I figure I'm not king of the world and so my views about this aren't very important.

I think prostitution is a problem from which nothing good issues. I accept the will of the people as decided by our representative processes on this and other social issues.

Marijuana and other illegal drugs do no one any good. I don't see a reason for sanctioning their use. I put alcohol in the same category. However, as I stated earlier, I don't have any interest in or desire to impose my views on anyone else and so I accept the will of the people as decided by our representative processes on this.

Guns are good tools. I am all for them and all for their responsible regulated use. Euthanasia - people have a responsibility over their life and their death. Suicide is a human right, IMO.

In general, I think our society and most human societies are swamps of vapid nonsense. I suppose that's because we are shallow and easily manipulated. I figure it's things like organized political power, law enforcement, and strong militaries that move history along in some progressive way. Individual human beings, for the most part, have no insight or interest other than self-interest.

I'm impressed we do as well as we do. I think it's the forces of repression within us and in our social organizations that keep us from descending into personal insanity and thieving, murderous anarchy.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62