View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 07:58 AM   #31 (permalink)
maleficent
Junkie

Moderator Emeritus
Quote:
Middle Children
A good description of middle children is balanced. Middle children are good mediators and have superior cooperation skills. They don't have their parents all to themselves or get their own way. Therefore, they learn to negotiate and compromise. Middle children often make excellent managers and leaders because of these skills.
Used to more in the past, now I'm just way to much of a curmudgeon, I want things done my way, because I am right after all. Negotiating? Not a problem, when properly motivated, I could broker a mid east peace settlement.
Quote:
Roll with It: Middle children often handle disappointments better. Say you strike out in softball and lose the game. If you were a first-born, you might feel guilty all day, but if you're a middle child, you'll probably find yourself just laughing it off.
I can laugh anything off, while my Irish Catholic upbringing leaves me susceptible to guilt, it doesn't last long.
Quote:
Lots of Loyal Friends: Middles tend to make friends easily. Once they have them, they often work harder to keep them. They're usually good at keeping secrets, too.
I'm great at secrets, more people count on me as a friend, than I do them. I don't make friends easily , nor do I have a lot of them, but there are lots who tell me all their troubles because I am usually pretty good at getting to the crux of the problem, that and I won't gossip about most stuff. I'll always tell on me, but if it's important to someone else, it goes to my grave.

Even though my parents swore they didn't compare us kids, I always heard from them and from teachers through out grammar school, that I wasn't as smart as my sister, I wasn't as nice as my sister, not as cooperative.. oh bite me. I was also fresh. It wasn't until my family moved my softmore year in high school, that I really came into my own, because my sister an I finally had a level playing field - teachers didn't know either of us and had no comparisons. Plus I discovered sports which really helped my confidence. My younger brother had it tougher because he had to follow in my footsteps, but luckily, my family moved his sophmore year in high school, so he had no teachers that my sister or I had.

Last edited by maleficent; 06-14-2004 at 08:01 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73