View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 10:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
onetime2
Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Superbelt
He did a very good job immediately after 9/11. He acted in a reverent and solid manner. His run up to and invasion of Afghanistan was done in a way that leaves me without any criticism. Afghanistan was a military action that I fully supported.

I've always felt that way about that period of his presidency.

Outside of that, there really is nothing though that I can think of that he did in a way I approve of.
Please list me some of what you think are his positive accomplishments and I will see if I feel I missed any.
Certainly you give some credit but anyone who can only point to a single thing that a President has done during nearly 4 years in office isn't trying very hard.

Things that I feel he's done a good job on (I'm tempted not to provide a list because we'll get distracted in debating the merits of them) but here are a few. I'm fairly certain you won't agree:

Prescription Drug Benefit (people can detract from it all they want but the fact is it's better than what low income seniors had before)

Decision not to tap into the Strategic Oil Reserves to lower prices (Americans are spoiled by low gas prices and thinking that tapping into the reserves in a time of war just so we can pay a few cents less a gallon is assinine IMO)

Tax cuts (again you will disagree but I definitely don't believe the government needs more of our money, they need to become more efficient with the massive sums they already get)

Not continuing to be extorted by Kim Jong Il in North Korea

Filing suit to get the 527 organizations to stop skirting campaign finance reform

Standing up for the countries that joined us in Iraq by keeping France and Germany from profiting from reconstruction monies.

Continually standing up for those countries that joined us in Iraq by pointing out that the Democrats who claim we have no international support are doing a disservice to our relationships with them.

There are others (and there are plenty that I disagree with him about) but I have yet to hear any Democratic leader come out and say that a single action of his was "good". Hell they even criticize his handling of the hours and days after 9/11.

Go into the archives of the Tilted Politics board and see how many times the "lefties" on the board have stated he did something right vs how he's done everything wrong. Hell they are so happy that he choked on a pretzel and fell off a bike I think they'd sooner elect Rush Limbaugh to the Presidency than point to a Bush success.

Last edited by onetime2; 05-28-2004 at 10:28 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62