View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 05:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
seretogis
Huggles, sir?

Quote:
Originally posted by tecoyah
#1- I do not support the "attempts" being made, but understand why they are bieng attempted. You drew a conclusion that was incorrect.
You said: "We unfortunately, are attempting to create an even playing field out of a canyon, and it wont be easy."

This to me screams "justification," but I admit I may have read too much into it.

Quote:
#2-If you did not understand the term "big picture" then I am sorry for my lack of clarity. As a general rule, there are far more opportunities available to a "white male" than to any other individual in this society. If you cannot see this, I will not convince you of the obvious regardless of the endless list of information available, both factual and hypothetical.
How, as a general rule, are there "far more opportunities" available to whites than minorities? It is reprehensible in this society to have "white-only" or "straight-only" scholarships, but it's perfectly acceptable to give scholarships only to non-white racial groups. What about the lower-middle-class white kids whose parents can't afford to send them to college? Don't try to force equality of outcome when there is already equality of opportunity.

Quote:
#3- Wow....talk about putting words into someones mouth. I would think, in the context of my post (and the general theme of those above it) the meaning here was abundantly clear. The complaints by White males, of reverse discrimination, would be the child with the Ice cream. While the treatless child would represent the minorities, lacking the same opportunity, and watching another bitch about what thay have.
Again, you assume that they lack the same opportunity, yet have nothing to back this claim up other than saying "big picture" and citing an "endless list of information available," none of which you bother to quote here.

Quote:
It is unfortunate that you have chosen to take such a negative stance concerning my "opinion", but you are correct that it is indeed just that, opinion.
So, my response to the near-religous fervor with which you proclaimed your opinion as "FACT" is now negative? Hmm..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73