View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 08:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Again, I find it pathetic and completely avoiding the true issues to attack a veteran, who, when many in his position chose to find ways out of service, served his country to the best of his ability. (Regardless of what the GOP would have you believe a decorated serviceman does not get decorated for playing tiddlywinks with the generals.)

I wore the uniform, served the country I love and was prepared to die for her. No matter politics, I have great respect FOR ANY MAN THAT SERVED IN VIETNAM. If he chose to come home and testify as to what he saw and his perspective of what was truly going on, then he fought in a war that Bush did all he could to stay out of (hell he didn't even do his guuard duty with honor).

Vietnam was a quagmire and a constitutionally illegal war...... oops Police Action as we never declared it a war because then congress would have been able to vote on it, similar to Iraq and Afghanistan.

For the GOP to brashly attack any man's service just because he is the opposite party's candidate shows how deeply they despise the service men in our armed forces.

Of course the GOP is cutting all Vets benefits anyway so it shouldn't shock anyone...... except , well we are at war and when the men come home and expect thier benefits they'll find out what kind of commander-in -chief they truly have.

All this hoopla on Kerry's military background shows me one thing....... THE GOP CAN'T RUN ON THE TRUE ISSUES FACING THIS COUNTRY.

And ya know what? I think Bush's negative politics and avoidance of the issues will bite him in his ass this time.

STICK TO THE ISSUES GOP AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. Because if you win you did it because the people found your ideology better. But you won't and now if you win (which like I said I seriously doubt you can with negativity) you'll know that it's NOT because the people like your views it's because you had to bully and play holier than thou and fight dirty. In other words winning that way SHOULD ACTUALLY SCARE YOU, BECAUSE WHY DIDN'T YOU DEBATE THE ISSUES?

The GOP are great at avoiding ANY ISSUE they'll lose at and trying to bully, name call and destroy those who want answers to the issues at hand.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54