View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
maleficent
Junkie

Moderator Emeritus
You honestly don't know what the future will hold... Five years, in another country, around different people, is a long time... You can't honestly say that you will still love her, yes you'd like to, but it's not necessarily so... (wow was that cynical...) She's just being realistic and that can really hurt somehow... especially if she doesn't think her concerns are being listened to.. (that can be frustrating- and I know in my case-- I will cry before I get angry -- tears are my way of dealing with frustration and not being able to make my point heard - at least in personal relationships - I have no problem getting angry at work...

She sounds like she's got some major self esteem issues (I'm intimately familiar with those) and honestly, they aren't up to you to fix... She's got to do it herself... opce i figure out how, I'll let you know... Self esteem has to come from within- not from external sources...

Trusting people is hard to do... and telling a nontrusting person to trust someone- is like throwing a shy person into a big room and saying don't be shy - trust comes over time... trust is earned... and sounds like you are on your way to doing that... consistency in a person is what earns my trust... that and just acknowledging me.

Personality wise.. sounds like you two are complete opposites... and you need to find a middle ground... she's thrown a lot at you as to why she cries... I'd probably break it down point by point... I have a similar personality type as her (chronic worrier... among other things) you keep saying yu dont mind... I think in my mind (however twisted that might be) I'm going tto think- well at some point he's going to mind... and dump my behind... so, I'm going to show him all the reasons why he should dump me...

The negative side, and I've seen this in action with other people, though I don't think i've ever doneit myself... Tears can be a subtle form of manipulation... she's crying because she wants you to say some things or do somethings - which goes back to the self esteem issue... she should be telling herself the things she wants to hear... not waiting for you to say them

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73