View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
gh0ti
Crazy

Kind of confused on this one..

So I started dating this woman a little over a month ago (I’ll call her MD), we hit it off very nicely right from the beginning. I’m already done with school, got my bachelor’s degree and write software for a living, she is working on her PHD. Our backgrounds are very similar, etc.

Date one, I went in for a kiss and she shied away playfully. On date two I called her out on playing hard to get and she ended up reaching across the table and kissing me first. We go out on a few more dates and she tells me her mother told her to tell guys she is dating that “she has a way of getting men to fall in love with her and then pushing them away”.

Me, being the idiot guy that I am decided that it was a good idea to try and play the jealously card against her. She told me she was dating people, but I was the only one she is kissing, so I told her about my dates, but probably went too far with the details.

We ended up going to the beach last weekend and had a blast. Made out in the water every time we went swimming.. I told her I wanted to take her out Friday on the drive back home, and was thinking all week that I had this one in the bag.

Fast forward to Friday. We played phone tag a couple of times until Friday morning and we talk for a little while, then she comes out with the “I need to tell you something” bit. “I have a really good time with you, but I’m kind of in love with another guy”.

At this point I’m totally caught off guard. But I played It cool “Look man, we are dating, this is part of dating, explore your feelings and do what makes you happy”. I agreed to still go out to dinner with her Friday night.

We meet up at her favorite little Mexican place in town and talk for a while. I made it perfectly clear when we started going out that I didn’t like being lied to at all. She tells me that the guy she is in love with is her best friend in school; they have never done anything, but have talked extensively about what it would be like for them to be together. Then she tells me that she has the hot’s for me, but loves him. Sex is important to her, and I’m one of the best kissers she has ever had (we still haven’t had sex). I made it perfectly clear that I really like her (I won’t bore you with the details).and we end up making out in the parking lot and called it a night.

I called her Sunday to hang out but she had some sort of plans with her girlfriends. I haven’t called her or AIM’ed her so I don’t look desperate. Anyone want to try to help me understand what’s going through her head? Do I have relationship potential or does it sound like she just wants me for sex?
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73