1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Probe

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Oct 29, 2017.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Now you would "think"that the IRS and NY state tax board, would open a criminal investigation on Chump now...
    With that much fraud, proven too.
    The taxes paid would be less than actual.

cascading consequences...

Makes you wonder why they don't do crap? :confused:

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

One factor could be NPD Trump inflated the financial value of his holdings, the various tax agencies are? should be? interested in his undervaluations.

With that said, many of the financial documents used in the NY fraud trial should be of great interest to those tax agencies.

Hell, his federal tax returns filed with the IRS should have been red flagged, but weren't...hmmm.
    Wait a minute, maybe they were? NPD Trump always claimed an ongoing IRS audit prevented him from releasing his tax records; I'm trying to remember if I read any confirmation of an IRS audit.

An older but still relevant article.

Trump’s tax returns released by House committee show he paid little in taxes

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. rogue49

Different probe...this one is for the Secret Service.
    Bodycam video shows moments police encounter Trump’s would-be assassin, officer saying he warned Secret Service

It's either a series of unfortunate events or neglect/incompetence ...or likely both.
    BTW, I don't expect our security pros to be like Hollywood characters. They're human.

Chump got lucky. (no I don't think he planned it)
    He got even MORE lucky by the way he instantly responded. (No, he didn't cower...he raged, damn SS couldn't keep him down, struggling with him)
    And even MORE, by the damn photos taken at the moment. (Come on, the flag??? I guess the odds are there with a GOP prez campaign...but still)
    Fuckin' lucky SOB :rolleyes:

Now they gotta find out why they were disorganized. Lessons Learned.
    Happens in any field.

And they have to probe to find out and factor out any notion of conspiracy.
    And to give the VIPs a chance to grandstand and string up the agency head as a scapegoat. (it solves nothing, just gotta orient and train a new one)

To give the SS the benefit of the doubt...
    1. The Chump campaign is very random on its stops. (little prep time, little research)
    2. They also often insist on outdoor rallies. *much harder to secure and monitor.
    3. Chump is notorious for stiffing localities with major bills. (no $$$, no love...or at least, less resources and competent ones at that)
    4. Chump himself is a uncooperative asshole...who thinks he's invulnerable and doesn't care about consequences

BAD risk management scenario.

As they say in security, it's not if, it's WHEN... :oops:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Some, at least two likely more, firearms channels on YouTube have recreated the shooting scene. The common conclusion is someone with experience with rifles with optics (they would not need to be an expert sharp shooter) with a proper rifle with a good scope could've easily made the shot.* Especially if they didn't rush the follow-up shots.

I'm guessing the SS got a little (a lot?) lax; it happens when monotony sets in.

*I recently logged onto YT and had a notice one of my comments had been deleted for promoting violence and I was in danger of losing my posting comments privelages. My comment was almost exactly what I posted here, "... someone with experience with rifles with optics (they would not need to be an expert sharp shooter) with a proper rifle with a good scope could've easily made the shot." I checked the vid and found out several people, all of them Trump supporters, also had comments removed and received warnings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rogue49

Donald Trump accused of new federal crime as he cozies up to RFK Jr.

Of course, he has.
    We're going to be find things for years ...even after he croaks. He's been a plague, a pandemic (focused mostly on the US with the most damage...but still he's global.)

Yet, another probe. Yet another scam.
    Yet another LONG wait while the investigators get their I's dotted and T's crossed
    Yet another LONG wait after that for the courts to take it up...much less try it...much less, if ever sentencing...
    Yet another LONG wait of appeals and attempts to submarine or influence the courts, judges and VIPs.

I think our system is broken.
    I think it definitely needs improvement, cleanup and tweaking. (ALL of the above and then some)
    I think many of our judges are corrupt, taking bribes or kickback, or are ethically compromised and being influenced. (outright so, often enough)

Get in line.
    Patience and hope.
    But get it done right...and get it DONE asap.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

NPD Trump's political MO seems to follow his business MO: Commit so many crimes it takes prosecutors nearly forever to sort through them. Make it so complicated his numerous lesser crimes go unpunished.

Hell, NPD Trump promised his supporters pardons should they be charged of crimes committed while helping him get reelected.

Edit: Lesser, dumbass, not lessor.
    Edit: Add committed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. rogue49

Baffle them with bullshit. :confused:
    This is his mantra. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

I see that as a verbal action, like Trump the used car salesman confusing buyers with double talk, & implied & sometimes actually promised extras.

The actually action is burying them under bullshit.

9. rogue49

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1