1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Hobbit Film Discussion.

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Clockwork Gigolo, Aug 1, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

apparently you can only watch the video in The Shire and Mordor. It's not available in my country.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Balls.

Now you know how non-Americans feel much of the time. Content restrictions on the Internet divided among geographic lines always makes me think, "Wow, you fail the Internet."

A bunch of clips can be found here: The Hobbit - Channel - YouTube

I might update my previous posts with those ones; I might not.

3. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Going to see "The Hobbit" tomorrow afternoon. Given my druthers, I would have preferred to see the Hobbit made before LOTR as I've always believed it to be the introductory tale to the Trilogy and it's the story I read first. I enjoyed the LOTR movie trilogy but only by suspending what I knew and getting into the story Jackson told. It took liberties with the original but I had expected as much. I expect the Hobbit will not be as true to the original as could be hoped for either, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway.

Ok, maybe I am ticked off that it's going to be stretched out over three films. Almost makes me want to wait until the three films are complete and out on video.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I don't think it matters that they were made out of order. Especially these days where the vast majority will consume these films digitally (VOD, DVD, etc.) and can watch them in whatever order they'd like.

We have tickets to see the film at Gold Class on Saturday. Gold Class is because it's my son's birthday.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

There are so many clips coming out--here are the ones I found that you posted that could not be watched in the US--these can.

# 4 The Hobbit Movie Clip The Orcrist

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - "There is Nobody Home" Clip

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 'Give Him The Contract' Clip

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 'Goblin Chase' Clip

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - "I Wasn't Talking to You" Clip
    This source seems to have quite a bit of content for the moment: warnerbrosuktrailers

6. Baraka_Guru

Best. Dad. Ever.

7. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Same here, but for Boxing Day. Will be together with my SO and Nazi friend.

Enjoy the movie and the drinks. ;)

8. Baraka_Guru

9. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 'Who Did You Tell About Your Quest' Clip

10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Given the release dates on the LOTR films, these were usually birthday screenings as well. Given this is his 18th birthday, this is a bit of a throwback. That said, when I told him what I'd booked he gave a little fist pump. With that kind of Tolkien love, I feel his training is complete.

• Like Like x 2
  11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

We're going to see it Friday morning. I can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Baraka_Guru

You've done well, my friend. You've done well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alistair Eurotrash

Seeing this tomorrow with Joniemack and my son - will report back.

14. Joniemack

As some of the preview clips include Smeagol (Gollum), I assume that Bilbo will be getting the ring in this 1st movie installment. Bit if I remember correctly, wasn't it at least half-way through the book before he met up with Gollum?

I'm curious to see how Jackson is going to pull off dividing the story into three parts.

15. Baraka_Guru

I think it's about a quarter of the way in the book.

16. Joniemack

You're right, Chapter 5.

17. Baraka_Guru

Yeah, all kinds of crazy shit happens even before they get to Esgaroth (or Lake-town) (the Master of which is played by none other than Stephen Fry).

18. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I'm kinda bummed that I have to wait forever to see Stephen Fry. Ah well. There are lots of other good bits, I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

yep, bought my ticket today for the 12:30pm show. can't wait

20. Baraka_Guru

I have no idea when I'm going to see it. Maybe not until Christmas or shortly thereafter.