1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Elephant in the room...The GOP today

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Moving away from traditional conservative values?
    Or telling certain groups what they want to hear with no intention of letting them sit at the grown-ups table?

One thing is certain the GOP has left the door open for radical groups to try to get a piece of the political power pie. Which groups will gain how much influence is the big question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Hours after being released from prison, Peter Navarro delivers speech at RNC

Unrepentant criminals are welcome at the GOP
    Also welcome, rapists, racists, pedophiles...
    Or to paraphrase the BBG villain in Blazing Saddles
    All welcome and often cheered...and even put into leadership.

The GOP has lost all integrity.
    Any means to an end.
    Most a bunch of Dick Dastardly's.

It's not just sad but true
    ...it's DANGEROUS

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rogue49

And in case you think I'm exaggerating...
    Here are just the sexual predators. (and I'm sure that even this is the tip of the ...eww :eek:)
    Republican Sexual Predators, Abusers, and Enablers | Stories from CajsaLilliehook

4. rogue49

Adam Kinzinger declares death of Republican Party

He's NOT wrong, y'know.
    Some certain members are GOP at heart, but not the GOP itself. (nor the volume in control now)
    The tail is wagging the dog.
    Even those vaunted "thinktanks" the Heritage and Federalist and their Project 2025 and all the other ideas are subjugated to the full whims of Chump.
    It's all about HIM and what he wants.
    The party is a shell.
    The GOP is a zombie. Except they've eaten their own brains.

5. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. rogue49

8. Chris Noyb

The link takes me to a blank white screen that takes over my tablet and shows & does nothing.

Edit: This happened after I logged into Yahoo/ATT.

EDIT:
    Mental image of Vance dressed in KKK garb at a rally telling the crowd not to use the N Word...until after the election.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
  9. rogue49

I just checked it again with no issue. It is a Yahoo article, so maybe there's some connection. But I use yahoo too.

10. Chris Noyb

My tablet does weird shithings* from time to time.

*Shithings should be an official word,
    like withe (with + the), &
    stupid as a verb.

Edit: I tried the link again. This time I got the screen asking me to choose at minimum five categories for my Yahoo News feed. That would be OK, but Yahoo takes control of my tablet. Getting out of the net and back in is no big deal (it's a quick way to exit YouTube), but it can be inconvenient.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

12. Chris Noyb

The GOP leadership turned the party over to NPD Trump. At first unofficially, now officially (see Lara Trump).

NPD Trump showed how easy it is to getaway with saying, and many times doing, whatever you want.

Who are the small brained Republicans going to follow, GOP leadership or NPD Trump?

13. rogue49

To Save Conservatism From Itself, I Am Voting for Harris

THIS, this is what I've been saying.

However, it's NOT just Chump...but an overarching skew to the GOP that's been around for awhile.
    Any means to an end. A crassness, an aggressiveness, no compromise, no consideration for others who live in the world. This has been a trend.

The GOP as a whole has to start respecting others, as individual nations in the EU respect each other. (Now, that is...there was "a bit" of a learning curve and some "tiffs" )
    It shouldn't be their way or the highway.

I'm a GDI...past Republican, now a bit progressive...but I stand in the center, voting to the situation and need, not an arbitrary ideal or group.

But this bath in the waters of tyranny. fascism and authoritism has drowned their civil side.

I hope they save themselves from drowning further.

Conservatism may not be the GOP, but its values do have some value...and a place in our complex society.

14. Chris Noyb

Keeping NPD Trump out of the White House is a good start, but will the GOP be able to put the maga genie back in the bottle? He showed the party that setting aside (throwing away) integrity & ethics* in favor of embracing being two faced, having double standards, & letting hypocrisy rule, can lead to staying in power.

We know Trump lost in 2020, & in 2022 we didn't get the large red wave many pundits predicted.

Hopefully this year Harris will win big, & the Repubs will lose several seats in the House & Senate. And any actions from the maga radicals will be few, small, half-assed, & epic failures.

Maybe, just maybe, the above would convince the GOP leadership to return the GOP to being a party with integrity & ethics. But shutting down maga would be a major task, an undertaking that could lead to the formation of a third party that seriously weakens the GOP.

*Intergrity and ethics are relative terms when applied to politics.

• Like Like x 1
  15. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

The Republicans got their ass handed to them when they ran Goldwater against Johnson.
    One of the reasons Goldwater was picked was the more radical wing of the Republicans then supported him, groups like the John Birch Society.
    After they lost there was a major push by people like JF Buckley to get them out of control of the party.
    They also worked on the Southern strategy, where they didn't came up with new words for the N word.
    It was very successful.
    So there is a good chance that might happen this time.
    Enough conservatives will gather together, kick the straight up fascists out of the party and come up with way to sound like they want to say the N word.
    The Republican party has looked like it was burnt to the ground before, after Goldwater, after Nixon, but they always rebuild.
    It seems like this time will hurt them pretty bad but they are going to come back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

Do you think the outcast fascists could form a viable third party? By viable I don't mean a major player, more like a spoiler which can't be completely ignored.

A power struggle within such a party could be it's undoing, much like the Tea Party.

17. rogue49

[​IMG]

'nuff said
    nah.... :D
    Now we're done. :eek::oops::confused::mad:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

19. rogue49

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1