1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It was for an interview session. He came home and whined that his colleagues had worn rattier shoes than he had wanted to wear. None of those colleagues are married, though.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Non sequitur. You're better than that, @snowy. :p

3. snowy

As a wife, it always makes logical sense :p There are just some things in life attributable to having a spouse. Right, @Borla? Either that, or my MIL is getting to me.

4. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Congrats. I've been meaning to mention that I found Elance insultingly low-ball a year or so back. Sorry it didn't work out but it seems we agree it is pretty much never worth it to sell yourself/your skill set short.

In re: getting aboard the appearance train. First impressions do matter but degree of mattering differs depending on situation and the people involved.
    Some men really care about their appearance and those I believe care more about others' appearance. More women care both about looking good-to-great than men and thus, judge others more.

Being clean and well-groomed, clothes not in tatters, no horrible clashing of patterns (unless intended) goes a long way. Label snobs make me nuts--that includes clothes, food, cars, what-have-you. I want quality, value, decent-looking-to-flattering depending on situation and comfortable. Uncomfortable shoes no matter what I paid for them makes me look bad as does an-ill fitting, uncomfortable anything. I think really, I judge me much more than I assess others. I really don't care what others are wearing. I am a weirdo, always have been.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

My approach to "fashion" is plebeian, or perhaps proletarian.

6. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Pretty much the same here. I would say I look pretty plain, average, if not blue collar, than middle-middle class to most people.

7. Common courtesy, like common sense, seems to be starting to become less and less common.

I hate money. I really, really, really hate money.
    I need a big-people job so I don't have to worry about money so much anymore.

8. DaddySquirrel stayed up late with BabySquirrel so I could sleep.

Bastard ate my Girl Scout cookies though.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Vehicle is on the fritz. Making weird noises when I steer and there's bublegum looking stuff leaking out from underneath. Must have blew a hose. Took it in to the shop and then waited a whole hour in -18C for a damn cab.

10. snowy

Woke up with back pain this morning. I think it's a result of the legs workouts I did earlier this week. Time to stretch, stretch, stretch. Hopefully some cat/cow will pull something loose.

11. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Has he not seen your scissors??

• Like Like x 1
  12. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Pigeon, too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Reminds of an old classic:
    Penguin's car isn't running right so he goes to the mechanic.
    Mechanic says I'll take a look, come back in an hour.
    Penguin sees an ice cream place across the street, goes and has a vanilla cone. Has trouble eating it with his flippers, gets it all over his face.
    Walks up to see the mechanic who says "It looks like you blew a seal."
    Penguin says "Nope that's just vanilla ice cream." :p

• Like Like x 5
  14. Frustrated.
    Even more frustrated that I can't quite put words to why I'm frustrated.

15. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

You insist that I go with you to see your mother & father even though I saw both of them just two days ago. I know it's because you want me to drive, not because you want my company. You could put some more effort into getting your father to talk, that's the point of us visiting. It's not easy, it takes a lot of work.

I know because I'm the one who usually puts in the effort.

16. snowy

Taking the bus to work. This is the sketchiest bus I've ever been on. It smells like malt liquor and wee in here.

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

It took me 45m to peel and eat an orange. Asshole frankenhand.

18. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

New band name!

• Like Like x 5
  19. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

[​IMG]
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2014 at 6:24 PM ---

Hey, @DamnitAll, I damn near needed CPR after that post!

I've officially added "Hang with DamnitAll over beers" to my Bucket List!

Rock on!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Beers with @damnitall is worth whatever effort it tales.

• Like Like x 3