1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. I don't need this. I deserve better than this.

I will not be the one putting forth all of the effort and getting no results.

No more.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

@hamsterball, I really need your support in getting rid of this writer's block. Where's my favorite cheerleader when I need them?

3. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

I'm here, my dear. If anyone can do this, I know it's you. I'm flying to the west coast today, but I'll check back when I get there to see how you're doing.

Hmmm....I'll be stuck on a plane for 6 hours....maybe you can do something with that? Naughty flight attendant, or is that too cliche?

4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

My tummy hurts, too. From all the ibuprofen.
    I'm a mess. Showering one-handed is a pain in the ass.
    I'm grumpy today. :( And no yoga allowed for 2 weeks.
    The week I could go back is Mardi Gras, so every damn thing will be closed.
    I really need a good day, here, soon.

By the way, @Charlatan, I wasn't making fun of the cabbage.
    I was really impressed by it.

5. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

It was clearly very impressive.

You will be showering with two hands before you know it.

6. snowy

Way too cliche.

7. hamsterball

Damn...I was gonna cast you as the flight attendant! :D

Well, I'm gonna be in the LA area, can you do anything with that? Sunny skies, palm trees, rope, blindfolds.......

8. snowy

Rope and blindfolds likely work in the context of my story.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hamsterball

Btw, I should mention that my two posts were sandwiched around a long distance slide presentation with a customer to the north. Said presentation was given along with @Freetofly, who did an awesome job!

Talk about mulitasking....
    --- merged: Feb 18, 2014 2:21 PM ---
    Should the central character stumble into the situation, or would it be more exciting to have them lured in?
    Then perhaps, they're yanked out of their normal everyday existence? Disoriented perhaps because the can't make sense of what's happening to them?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  10. snowy

Oh, they're already in the situation together. I think it would just make sense because I'm kind of writing this from a backward perspective timewise--I've already written what happens at some point in the future, and in the narrative, we're back at the first night they spend together. He likes to dominate her, and she enjoys it. That thought kind of coalesced late last night as I was laying down to sleep, and it was a big a-ha moment. Our main female character is very feisty, so that's part of what's at play.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I want to keep track of a few friends. Some of those friends are in bands and they mostly post about their activities on Facebook. I don't really want a FB account, but I also don't want to hijack my wife's account although she hasn't used it in nearly two years (she's received warnings from FB to use it or lose it, yet FB still sends email updates).

12. snowy

You could do what some people do and use an alternate name instead of your given name. I've considered doing that to some extent because of my given profession. I might change mine to just my last initials instead of my full last name, as it's rather unique.
    --- merged: Feb 18, 2014 at 9:45 AM ---
    And there we go, a corner turned. No blindfolds or ropes, @hamsterball, but a BJ scene I know you'd appreciate.

Too bad that now I have to go get ready for work. At least I'm leaving it somewhere easy to continue from.

• Like Like x 2
  13. hamsterball

I had complete faith in you, @snowy! Go get 'em tiger!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

If I decide to do Facebook I'd need to be careful because of my wife's job, and I'm also active on a forum where the folks are good people, but they are pretty conservative in their views on politics, religion, and sexuality. I'm very open here on TFP, and wouldn't want any "crossover" that would hurt my wife or cause other problems. Anything I put on FB would be very general.

15. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

You are not special.

16. snowy

My husband doesn't believe me when I say that people look at shoes when judging a person's appearance.

17. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Your husband is wrong.

They don't even always have to be expensive. But at least match the belt, be the right style for the outfit/occasion, not be ratty, etc.

18. snowy

He wanted to wear his REI pants (which look nice for an engineer in the PacNW) with tennis shoes. I was all, uh, no. He changed to chinos and his Dockers dress shoes. The first pair of pants would work if he were wearing Keens or Merrells or the like.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

So you know how I've been complaining about Elance? Well, through my professional association's member database, I just landed a client who's paying me three to six times as much as what the average Elancer gets (depending on their definition of "editing"), and the project could end up being upwards of 120,000 words.

I know this is true about appearance—people notice shoes—but I take issue with people who judge a person by their clothes. Appearances are often deceiving.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I honestly don't understand what is so complicated and/or challenging for my coworkers about actually putting the replacement roll of toilet paper ON the spool as opposed to on top of it.

Also, what the hell do these people not understand about knocking on the door to a one-seater bathroom when the door is closed?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014