1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

A few years ago, merging onto I-94, I was following a flatbed with a huge, fancy, ice-fishing shanty (as large as a small house) on it.

But it was going a bit slow, so I moved into the left lane and passed it.

Moments later, through my rear-view mirror, I saw the shanty fall off the truck and bounce into the ditch.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

In addition to everything I had planned to do today, I'm considering going in to work for a few hours to tackle an event program, just so I get everything done with it on my end before I leave on my trip next week.

This despite the fact that the content for this program still isn't finalized, and the event is taking place next Friday, while I'll be gone.

I am too nice to these people.

3. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

My wireless usb keyboard that I use because my laptop keyboard is broken, is also broken. I am entirely too tired to venture out to get a new one tonight.

Just typed this with on-screen keyboard before realizing toward the end that it would have been far easier to swype on Kindle. Apparently too tired to think straight as well.

4. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Didn't go to the office. Went on a 28 mile bike ride instead. Not complaining about that, thankfully, just the fact that I didn't get the housecleaning done that I'd intended to do either.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I have work tomorrow. Boo.

6. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

A famous actor named Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his apartment today, age 46.

Apparently it was a heroin overdose. He had a needle in his arm.

He has a long, long list of film credits .... of which I had seen a total of one.

That one was The Big Lebowski, and I only vaguely remember his character.

I've missed out on a whole lot of movies in the last 20 years.

7. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I had no idea about Hoffman's struggles with addiction. Now I better understand his role in Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.

8. snowy

One of the aides in the class I'm subbing for is not being very nice to me. She's one of those people that would rather do it herself than tell me what to do. Ostensibly I'm in charge, but of course it works out differently in practice.

9. Hoooooooooooooly wah.

I had forgotten that it was possible for me to be this angry.

I have a very choice few words for those who bail on commitments multiple weeks in a row, and none of them can be said on television.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Had about 9-10 inches of snow today. Now we're being told that another storm in coming in tomorrow night. Forecast total is 4-8 inches. I'm ready to run away from home.

11. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

My computer is chilly.

12. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. andersonseiler

andersonseiler New Member

Bitching and acting like a brat is changes nothing. If you're going to lose anyway, might as well make the best out of it by learning something. Well, this is a great thread thanks for sharing.

14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Yep, this is where we engage in pointless and not so bitching. Honestly, it gets the tension out for me without taking it out on some one.
    Coughing through a seminar on behavior management that I could teach is just awesome. Fuck this.

15. This actually is a great thread. Therapeutic, and likely saves lives.
    For example, by whining about how lame my new employee is proving to be, I can blow off some steam while giving her a chance to get her shit together. Here's hoping she does. The hiring process around here is a total bitch.

16. snowy

It's getting hard to find the stuff I actually want to respond to here with all the posting games stuff taking up the recent threads. :(

• Like Like x 3
  17. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Now that my shoulder is feeling better, my tennis elbow is back... ratza fratzin old joints

18. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO......MORE......SNOW!

19. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

And done...take that you SOBs
    Adios, I'm out of office permanently.
    And no one knew a thing until today, with a nice resignation.

Hope you learn your lesson, but I doubt it. :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Good luck in your new adventure, @rogue49.