1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The 2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I quoted these comments from another thread since the Supreme Court decision not to hear the case affects the 2024 Pres race.

^^ Interesting ^^.

1. Part of me thinks a SC ruling clarifying exactly who has Constitutional 4.3 power would be best.

2. Part of me thinks letting the states handle this -- at this time -- is good.

3. The problem is presidential elections are federal even with states running their own elections. See number one.

It would be (much?) easier if this process had been started on say 07 Jan 2021, at least we wouldn't have a presidential election so close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

3. Chris Noyb

4. Chris Noyb

5. Chris Noyb

6. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Biden 2024 campaign, allies raise $71 million in latest quarterly haul

Keep on, no matter who is his opponent when it actually happens.
    Hopefully not Chump...but $$$ helps, even if it isn't the ultimate factor.

Heck, T may not even have any money by the time anything actually happens. Paying for all his lawyers and losing business.
    Biden may have a significant money lead no matter, because the GOP and supporters have paid for all of T's scandals and cons.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

Trump Campaign Reports To FEC It Collected $24.5 Million – About Half Of Its Earlier Boast

Yet another article that could go into say What's Happening?.

A few things to mention...

More of the money raised is going towards NPD Trump's PAC that is allowed to pay his and other defendants legal expenses, while less money is going to his presidential campaign. The thing is NPD Trump isn't, that I've heard about, spending much on the Republican nomination campaign.

It is costing him more to raise money.

Hopefully the draining will continue while the faucet slows to a drip.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chris Noyb

Mike "Wimpy" Pence dropped out. I give him credit for not continuing, but I also wondered why he bothered in the first place. Did he get bad advice from Mother?

9. rogue49

Well, y'gotta to be in it to win it.
    Since he was VP, I'm sure he thought that it was standard to do so. (Rem, most VP's are unknown, until they start campaigning for prez and potentially trending)
    He got up to bat. Feel the waters.
    But he's never been charismatic.

He needs to go back to radio. They'll at least give him cred for being VP.

10. Chris Noyb

Just because it seemed to be the thing to do? I suppose it's a better reason than Just To Gain Some Name Recognition.

11. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 2
  12. rogue49

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 2
  14. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

And it's lose-lose if they mention NPD Trump. They give him the attention he wants, & alienate his base (which they desperately need) if they criticize him.

It doesn't help when dimwitted DuhSantis is in distant second place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Ramaswamy mentioned after the show in the hall to CNN about Gavin Newsom flying around a lot and I'd read about him flying back to DC right at the same time Kamala was getting some negative flac over something.
    Sorta gave me a flash of Harris falling on her sword and Newsom stepping in.

He somewhat reminds me of Greg Brady getting a rock star job cause he fit the suit.
    I'll give Gavin more props than that but....
    Dude, judgment. Kimberly Guilfoyle ? There must have been some clue she was insane then.

17. Chris Noyb

18. rogue49

Election offices are sent envelopes with fentanyl or other substances. Authorities are investigating

I hope they're able to get a hold of this before the next major election...this coming year.
    It shows how many are willing to do anything to get their way and spread fear.

Any bets on who did this??
    An individual?
    A group?

Anywhich way, the key to keep polling places and election officials save from any threat.
    Sometimes, I wish there was one dedicated to investigating election risks.
    Maybe expand the Federal Election Commission to include a criminal office...not just regulatory and financial aspects.

I think it's getting to that point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Boy that's concerning.
    I'm guessing it's a group. I think things like shooting up local power stations may be only 1 or 2 people but I think they're still part of a larger group like the Promis Keepers ot Patriot Prayer.
    I'm sure these groups can rationalize evil of working the fentanyl trade if it helps them keep underground cash flowing.

I don't know much about it but apparently it's dangerous just having it on some paper you touch ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

A small group, using very few people doing the actual mailing makes the most sense to me.

Maybe a splinter group loosely affiliated with a larger group.

Edit: I waited about 30 minutes to get the above to post. I wonder if the edit will post now...or later.