1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The 2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, Jun 7, 2023.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Key takeaways from day two of DNC 2024 with the Obamas

Y 'gotta admit, they are gifted speakers.
    Watch the clips of their speeches in TFA...they've got some good zingers.

But even more important, they're speaking about some good comparisons and contrasts with the opposition. What to truly espouse to.
    What's good for America...AND Americans. :cool:

----

I wonder if Harris wins, she have one of the Obamas in her Cabinet. (or administration even)
    I know Michelle hates the idea of being prez...but maybe she'll take up a less, invested and targeted post.
    And I know Barrack has been chomping at the bit...wanting to dive back in, on his own terms, of course.

On another note, I liked that the article made mention of Harris' husband...his background, speech...and if she wins, he'll be the first first husband. :D

They're doing it up right at the DNC this time. :)

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm not sure that Harris bringing both/either Obama into her administration would turnout well. That would give the Repubs an easy target with could hinder what Harris wants to accomplish. I could see Harris struggling to get her message across because the Repubs continually attack a high profile Obama, and the news media focuses on the attacks.

But all of the above would contingent on Harris winning. Let's not forget how nearly all of us -- myself, and you, included -- had Hillary as winner 45 in 2016.

I would love for Harris to win big and undeniably (yes, we know Trump would whine & protest regardless).

Say she takes every blue state, every swing state (four?), & flips four red states. To take this even further she wins those states, and the nationwide popular vote, by a wide margin. Which would remove the possibility that voter fraud -- if any -- affected the final results.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

Last note on the Obamas…

It was encouraging to see two intelligent, sane people talking about the current state and future of the country instead of rambling, raving lunatics trying to frighten the rubes.

nuff said :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

RFK Jr has dropped out of the race ≈ Yawn.

He has endorsed Furor Trump = Yawn???

I don't him having any real juice. It would've been nice to have him siphon off some Trump votes, and I don't want him giving votes to Trump, but realistically I don't know if the impact would qualify as significant either way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

The total 4% bump his voters isn't going to Chump.
    A third won't vote, they'll sit it out.
    Some will go to yet another party.
    And some will vote for Harris.
    Chump may get a measly 1% bump off of the total, if that.. (many of RFK's didn't like Chump, that's why they were voting for Chump)

People aren't linear as media would happen to want.
    Just like the US is shades of purple, with a touch of brown...there's no such thing as red and blue states.

6. rogue49

After raising complaints, Trump says he’ll participate in debate with Harris

By now, I'll believe it when I see it...like UFO's.
    He's so flaky and lies so much, who knows if he'll show.

Frankly. I'd rather get an alien probe...than listen to him. :rolleyes:
    I'll watch clips of Harris kickin' his ass, the day after.
    It ain't gonna change a thing.

IMHO, you vote for her, for obvious reasons. (in no particular order)
    • He's scum. everything most people's mamas said, do NOT be this guy growing up.
    • He's a convict, multiple times over...both now and more in the future. (including rape)
    • He's a fraud...proven for him AND his company, many times. Not just a pattern and trend over the years...but with malicious intent and a standing order in his business dealings.
    • He tried to take over the friggin' nation. Admit he will try AGAIN.
    • He violated the Constitution multiple times, defied his oath to it, and was impeached TWICE for it.
    Those in itself are proven facts and should be reason to vote AGAINST him.
    and in addition, my own biased opinion...

He's an incompetent idiot!!! :oops:
    Any fool can see this over time. (and even his own VIP ex-staffers say the same, y'know...generals, Joint Chiefs and the like)
    Uhh, the guy recommended drinking bleach on national TV.

AND, just a little thing, he is responsible for getting MILLIONS more of Americans killed, maimed or harmed by first denying a plague, then covering it up, then minimizing it, then then then...
    The US has the highest % of deaths of ANY post-industrial nation.

Bonus negative, TRILLIONS lost in "damage control", pandemic impact...and specifically ordered a total boondoggle to corporate America. (wh0 took the money. turned away, fired millions and then raised profits afterwards)

So no, I'll not watch the debate.
    The guy disgusts me and his voice grates on my nerves. (much less, mostly he lies...so why listen??)
    Kinda like not wanting to watch the gory surgery, but wanting to hear what happened after.

But Vegas should bet odds that he'll even show. I'll take that bet. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

^^^

You're preaching to the choir. Hopefully Repubs with the ability to face reality will vote for Harris in an effort to let Trump (continue to) drift into senility (the journey has started).

I'll watch.

I almost didn't watch the Biden - Trump debate because I find them to be mostly question dodging campaign speech BS.

Honestly, I would have questioned the reports on Biden's performance if I had not seen it. And I don't mean just the major flubs, the little things added up.

Hopefully I'll get to see Trump lose track of the questions AND his spin responses, to make a (more complete) idiot of himself. The thing is Trump is quite good at moving on from flubs; they're still obvious but he just keep talking as though they didn't happen.

8. rogue49

Harris Can Win on Vibes — and Trump Knows It

Yep.
    Why? Because he did exactly that in 2016.
    The douchebag QB vs. the "icky" smart girl. It was totally Jr. High dynamics and decision making.

Not going to say sorry, Chump.
    The worm turns...and you are The Worm.
    Enjoy your brief time at the bottom of a bottom until some idiot eats you. :D

Harris has got the wave going for her and she's going to ride it in style.
    You're not doing a play on Grumpy Ol' Men anymore.

She's the new deal.
    You're the bad deal.

Buh-bye. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. rogue49

Cook Political Report shifts North Carolina toward Kamala Harris

I'm dizzy from the headrush of NC switching so fast. (that's a good thing, IMHO :cool:)
    Then again, it went blue for one/two of the recent elections (I think it was for Obama, maybe against Chump in 2020, IDK)
    So it's perfectly capable.

Problem is the GOP legislative branches there have gotten pretty MAGA and aggressive with election manipulations, especially gerrymandering.
    So, hopefully, they won't interfere much.
    If I were the Dems and Harris, I'd at least call them out for their shenanigans.

10. Chris Noyb

Let's hope it's a real trend that also happens in other red states..

I want NPD Trump to lose so badly
    even the room temperature IQ magats
    realize he actually lost lost.

11. rogue49

I want Chump to lose with less than 100 Electorial points :D
    It's doable. If you've noted some of the states turning/flipping blue trends.
    He just has to disgust enough people.

Here are some election maps...and 538 allows you to do your own.
    I started with last elections pattern, then flipped according to the public sentiment I've read lately (She may even get Texas and Utah) :)
    ElectoralVote
    270toWin - 2024 Presidential Election Interactive Map
    2024 Electoral Interactive Map

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

^^^ Very cool :cool: and useful.

Harris winning Texas...
    It would be nice to have my vote actually count towards the candidates I actually vote for. But this' Texas, the Bubba Vote :confused: will most likely carry NPD Trump even if the smarter Repubs decide not to vote.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. rogue49

Saw the interview with Harris, she did well.
    Some of questions they asked her were "gotcha" questions, but she handled it.

Meanwhile...
    Why a 'simmering controversy' could doom Trump’s 'détente' with conservative Georgia gov

Chump's got another thing coming if he thinks Kemp is going to go his way for his convenience.
    And to stir up a hornet's nest AGAIN on election tampering in GA. They haven't even settled the 1st on...unless people forget.
    AND Kemp has to deal with the now majority of black/Dem voters there (times change, it ain't Dixie anymore)

BTW, if Harris wins, y'know damn well there will be Federal consequences...Funding, investigations, FBI all over the place.
    If politicians do anything for decisions...they smell the winds. And Harris' flag is rising, Chump's is sinking. (AND Kemp's memory ain't bad...he'll recall the foul words from the orange mouth)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

Demanding fealty without rewarding it.

Insulting your (potential) minions only works when you have absolute power.

Underestimating the ethics (as much as it can be applied to the recent GOP) of people you demand commit illegal acts is a mistake. Especially when you've been voted out, and it looks like your attempts to overturn the election results are failing.

Then you continue insult those people at every opportunity.

That sounds like the usual NPD Trump MO to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rogue49

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/
    2024 Electoral College: No Toss-Up States | RealClearPolling

Now this is saying something, RCP is showing Harris is winning.
    Because they're a very conservative aggregate site, who's picks and chooses polls to support their candidate, hard to budge them...but right now, Harris is winning in most.
    And as you see on the No Toss Up Map, RCP has, Harris wins.

Boy has the scripts flipped, even for solid GOP pundits.

I hope the momentum continues.
    I want this to be a slam dunk and then some. Too much is at stake.
    Any doubt, there will be hell to pay, and Chump and his chumps will claw in tooth and nail, kicking and screaming.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

I hope they get dropped, kicking & screaming.

Edit: I saw the list of articles offered on real(conservative)clear(lybiased)(hard-right)politics. And I thought FAUX News was bad.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  17. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

If the news I'm reading is correct NPD Trump based his rant on one very mild comment, Harris told Pence it was her turn to speak.

But please let Orange Clown keep reminding voter of how Pence was mistreated. Maybe he can bring up how 06 Jan 2021 was Pence's fault.

All the Repubs speaking out against NPD Trump...who say they'll vote for him because he's their GOP candidate.

WTF?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. rogue49

Last edited: Sep 3, 2024
  20. rogue49

New poll shows Florida, Texas within margin of error in Harris-Trump race
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Right on the money.

That being said, here's to hoping Chump goes below 100 in Electoral votes. :D

Ex: in my dreams... (ask, if ya want, I'll explain why)
    Using the feedback on political trends I've been reading and combining the best of polls, leaning to Harris, given her momentum and Chump's falling and propensity to fuck up.
    upload_2024-9-6_15-36-46.png
    Actual maps here...
    upload_2024-9-6_15-38-23.png
    upload_2024-9-6_15-39-2.png

And the same we've just heard about TX and FL, I heard about Kansas (which has lately shown some sanity and discretion in activities...)
    AR and MS is new to me, as well as IN

Those numbers for the Senate just flipped, which looked majority Dem for a long time...I don't know what happened.
    Hmm...

We'll see...long way to go to Nov. :confused:

• Informative Informative x 1