1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The 2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, Jun 7, 2023.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Not behind a pay wall (NYT frequently leaves some big news as freebies).

Some articles & reports, but not the above op-ed video, make it sound as TEAM Trump and the GOP are panicking.

I'm not buying into NPD Trump is scared of Harris, or he & his team are scrambling to figure out a strategy. Of course there is some concern, and related adjustments.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rogue49

Everything he says, he tries.
    He doesn't accomplish it often enough, but he tries.
    If he can become prez forever, he will.

:eek:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

It is shocking how weak our government system is in the face of a competent dictator that has a real mob of violent people behind them...

A smart President in 2020 with the pandemic would have tried to postpone the election for one year, then two years, then say that the election would go on again in 2024 as previously scheduled. And since he didn't get elected twice, he should still be eligible to run.

I don't think he did a good enough job of infitrating the military to back him over the Constitution. Police forces, the DOJ, and the legal system didn't go after his political opponents and make up crimes if that is what it took to lock up his political opponents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

NPD Trump wanted to appoint a minion as US AG after Barr stepped down/was fired, but after several people threatened to resign he had to back down. If this move had succeeded getting NPD Trump to leave office could've been axserious mess.

He also insulted US military leaders on a regular basis. With that said, I wouldn't be shocked if some top military would welcome a dictatorship, just not under NPD Trump.

Chances are NPD Trump learned some lessons (not that he would admit it) and would take much stronger actions if re-elected. Actually he has stated this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rogue49

8. rogue49

Scholar who has correctly predicted nearly every presidential election since 1984 explains which party he thinks will win

I'll have to respectfully disagree with the prof, Harris didn't lose the incumbency key. She's still VP and has got a portion of it.
    But it does give some sense of mind, that it would take a lot for her to lose. (In his estimate and method, his words) :)

FYI
    The Keys to the White House - Wikipedia

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

Since this involves a PAC backing/looking to back certain candidates, including NPD Trump...

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/mu...otential-violations-michigan-laws-2024-08-04/

Much ado about nothing, or a very serious breach of public party.

I'd be seriously POD if a site pretended to do something such as help me register to vote in order to obtain my personal info to support a political party.

And there are people who wouldn't notice they're not being registering to vote.

10. rogue49

11. Chris Noyb

I understand political insiders questioning NPD Trump's tactics...although "meltdown" seems like a strong overreaction.

OTOH that's the kind BS his core loves. They (some or many) don't have the intelligence (collectively) to follow anything close to complicated.

Trump strategists can develop a great strategy, but then they have to rely a man who is a contraryian with a short attention span to follow that strategy.

12. Chris Noyb

Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

While I liked Mark Kelly for VP, and didn't want her to pick Shapiro, Walz seems to be a great pick for her campaign. He isn't going to try and scheme to undermine Kamala to be the next President, he can hold rallies of his own and get large crowds, and he will be hard for the conservatives to go after.

I don't know if her choice will change the polls much, but I think it got her a few million more votes of people that might have otherwise stayed home.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

16. rogue49

17. Chris Noyb

18. rogue49

Last edited: Aug 15, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. rogue49

Cornel West's campaign exposing right-wing trickery as it implodes

If ya can't beat them, cheat... :mad:

The GOP has gotten to be like Dick Dastardly...I'd say even cartoonish, if it weren't so DAMN serious and impacting.
    How do ya take over a nation?? :confused:

I think GOP now stands for Greedy Ol' Pissers. :rolleyes:

Hope Biden is leveraging his powers to have every dept investigate and keep track of these kind of ploys.
    1. He's immune now
    2. He's got plenty of time
    3. A nation is at risk
    4. It's a moral imperative and security risk...he would not have to do it, if the GOP played fair and weren't trying to put a tyrant in control (* including allies that want to fuck up the nation - REM Project 2025 :eek:)

And West should be ashamed of himself, being connected to these players.
    So much for your liberal cred and rep. :oops:

Best word that describes all this,
    Nefarious

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Do you think the Dems [Repubs] supported Ross Peerot [Ralph Nader] which included money? I do.

This' nothing new.

Biden has to be careful before the election so he doesn't hurt Harris' chances. When (or if...I remember 2016), she wins he'll need to be careful not to leave her a stack of complicated legal cases.

With that said, Team Biden is in a great position to get some things done using a battering ram rather than a knock.

• Like Like x 1