1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Tattoos on girls/women

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by DAKA, Dec 26, 2013.

1. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Not until you get more tattoos.

...you can take that up with mine.

2. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Better than sir.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

But if we all pretend everything is awesome, then it is awesome, right? Let's all pat ourselves on the back some more.

4. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

And fundamentally edit our posts after posting them because we don't have the balls to commit. Wow.

5. Bodkin van Horn

Does this happen? I edit my posts if I realize that I've totally overextended my self asshole-wise. But no fundamental changing of my points.

6. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I only mention it because it just happened.

I'm going to bed now because this conversation is making me feel disgruntled again. Time to sleep and put on my innocuous everything is so funny face again in the morning. After all, that's what we're known for here on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bodkin van Horn

So...

About them tattoos on chix...

8. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Yea, that was an interesting diversion but...

Tattoos in general aren't a turn off or on for me. Now specific tattoos could be either. The previously posted spider is interesting as art, but probably wouldn't classify as attractive to me. Tattoos are straight up body adornment, just like piercings or makeup or clothes, just more permanent. So off there's a hot chick, and her tattoos decorate her well, she's hotter. If she's attractive and has clashing and silly tattoos, it's like being attractive and not knowing how to dress appropriately or who cakes on makeup. And even then it's not a deal breaker. Now I know that tattoos can have deeper meaning that just body adornment to some people, and that's fine, but the topic was whether they're attractive or not (I think the OP mentioned on a beach) and you generally don't get a lot of context at first glance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

As art it looks good.

I'm not in the least bit afraid of spiders (never understood why so many are and it seems to be a current internet meme to pretend you are terrified).

As a tattoo, its a big no for me. For me when I see it, it says one thing, "bad judgment". Its one of those things which is cool and hip when you are 20 something and its going to be far less appealing later in life.

Now maybe she will think its awesome forever, and I hope so.

Also a brief search shows that having one like that is something of a "thing" right now, its not even unique.

10. Bodkin van Horn

I've never seen an old person with a tattoo and thought "God, what a fucking ugly tattoo. That person must have had really shitty judgment when they were young." This is partially because there's no inherent causal relationship between cognitive ability and having a tattoo and partially because who doesn't have shitty judgment as a 20 year old?

And even tattoos on old people were a sign of bad judgment as a young'n, who cares? Why are you hung up on what hypothetical foresight of hypothetical old people?

Tattoos are super common right now. No one is going to look at an inked-up old person in 50 years and think "Look at that fucking tattoo, that person is dumb."

11. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I wonder, in 50 years, if old people will still be looking at inked up younger people—women, in particular—and say, "Look at that fucking tattoo, that person chick is dumb."

• Like Like x 3
  12. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

I don't really care. Tattoo removal isn't a big business for nothing. Its not what other people think that is the issue.

13. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Isn't a statement like this akin to saying divorce is a 'big business'? More people (in total) = more people getting married equals more ppl getting divorced.
    More tattoos on more people equals more tattoo removal. So what?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  14. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I like it when you talk in absolutes. Especially since there is some dumbass with EXTEME (misspelled, of course) tattooed on the back of his neck.

The guy with the shocker symbol tattooed on his bicep? The girl with the tramp stamp that says Welcome Aboard?

Look at that fucking tattoo, that person is dumb.

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Can we change the thread title to Tattoos On Humans so it isn't so sexist?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bodkin van Horn

You don't care about what? Old people with tattoos?

"What other people think" is the only issue here. Tattoo removal is a big business in part because of "what other people think". This thread is chock full of judgmental, tattoo-less 'other people' and their 'thinking'.

Right. I didn't mean to sound so absolute. Of course there will be shallow people in 50 years. But really, all you can tell from a 50 year old tattoo is *maybe* how a person thought 50 years ago. I thought some pretty stupid shit ten years ago, and if you were to make assumptions about me now based on things I did then, you'd probably be pretty wrong. Ten years ago, I might have gotten a shocker tattoo on my arm just to provoke some squares. For irony's sake.

16. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I really wanted one of those cool "flesh torn away to reveal Terminator endoskeleton" tats as a 16 year old.

It wouldn't have gone well with this physique, though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

This would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bodkin van Horn

When I was a teenager, I would have totally gone for a tattoo with boobies on it. Because boobies.

• Like Like x 1
  19. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

That's a great idea.

20. Bodkin van Horn

Can we change the thread title to "People who aren't like you in superficial yet perplexing ways, yea or nay?"

• Like Like x 1