1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Tattoos on girls/women

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by DAKA, Dec 26, 2013.

1. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I think this tattoo looks good.

2. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

It's fabulous trompe-l'oeil, but aging is going to spoil it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  3. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Aging changes the body entirely. So what?

4. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

It does, but could you imagine waking up next to that everyday? I'm not freaked out by spiders when I'm awake, but I don't like bugs when I'm asleep.

I'm just not sure about the neck either. That could have gone plenty of other places and look the same. Yet, not have people freak out when walking around the grocery store.

5. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

A tattoo with a message or symbolism will effectively stand for or convey that, even if criss-crossed with wrinkles.

This one is more visual. Much more than any tattoo I have ever seen, it depends on smooth, taut skin. Right now, it's awesome, but when the awesomeness is gone, it will look a little ridiculous.

6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Wait, they're upside down? I tooooootly thought you used the Leonard Shelby Mirror Method.

7. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Sure, maybe. But you have to understand that those are your aesthetics and values. Someone else might see the trade-off as entirely worth it for a lifetime of living with that image. It's sort of futile to make one viewpoint make sense to the other. They're just different.

• Like Like x 1
  8. redux

redux Very Tilted

The best tattoo quote:

I want to get a tattoo of myself on my entire body only 2" taller
    Stephen Wright​

I still dont get tattoos or permanently displaying some else's artwork on your body as a means of self-expression, but thats just me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

How did this place get so fucking judgemental?

• Like Like x 3
  10. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I'm liking this post despite the fact that i like the people posting in this thread. But, i've been saying the same thing to myself. Yes.

11. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

This place has always been judgmental.

I think the number of members who can't grasp the irony of their attitudes being expressed under banner of "The Evolution of Humanity, Sexuality and Philosophy" ebbs and flows. But there have always been judgmental motherfuckers around these parts.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Also: Fuck white people.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

How's this?--Be as bold as you want/are able with your tattoos, just be ready to live with the results, both good and bad.

14. evaderum

evaderum Getting Tilted

My teeth aren't all that great and I do plan on getting more work done on them. But it's not something I feel I need to have a perfectly aligned, über bright set. I think it's one of the things that the judgement of can be very subtle at times, perhaps even subconscious. But then again, seeing so much emphasis being put on looks by society in general [I'm from the SoCal, btw] is probably part of why I tend to use photos of half masked faces that aren't mine anywhere online that I would use a profile photo / avatar for.

I don't have any problem with tats, but sometimes there are some that seem overpowering to me and distract too much focus away from everything else.

I don't have any tats myself, yet. It's something I've thought about off an on for a number of years now, but for me, I'd want to get something that has a specific meaning to me. For a long time I had no idea what that might be. But not too long ago, I came across a drawing on DA that someone did. I liked the design because I kinda have a thing for masks/faces as I mentioned. On top of that, the piece was apparently about Hamlet's depression at the end of act one. Which would be relevant since I've had some mild issues with anxiety, and to a slightly lesser extent with depression.

Hamlets Depression by DoomOfAstarael on deviantART
    [​IMG]

15. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

True, but come on...it's become quite a bit more high-pitched and challenged less.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bodkin van Horn

I'll cop to being around less to challenge that shit. Also, I think that some of the more active members are some of the more judgmental ones, so the judgmentaltisticity has been more prominent.

17. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

We're treading into rather treacherous territory now.

18. Bodkin van Horn

I know, right?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I love this babble. As if the very same people aren't judgmental. :D

-----

I don't really find tattoos on girls attractive.

I understand that everyone has their own way of expressing themselves, and that's fine. Doesn't mean it has to be appealing. Likewise, the "suicide girls" theme doesn't interest me.

As others have brought up the professional angle: I don't mind visible tattoos, as long as those employees don't deal directly with clients. That's for my particular business, though. I'd think sales positions in a retail store would be a different story.

20. Bodkin van Horn

I think there's a difference between calling someone out for being judgmental and being judgmental.

• Like Like x 1