1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

SCOTUS - US Supreme Court (and other court stuff)

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

3. Chris Noyb

Yahoo has an account wall, no big deal, but still.

https://www.npr.org/2024/07/16/g-s1-10487/menendez-jury-verdict-trial

I haven't seen a Blue Wall around Menendez, although a few Dems did the obligatory, "Let's remember everyone is innocent until proven guilty."

4. Chris Noyb

Delayed posting issues.

5. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 2
  7. rogue49

8. Chris Noyb

There is slight chance Harris could get such legislation through, but it would require some Republicans coming to their senses.

Scenario:
    Harris wins.
    Dems win some seats in both houses, but not a blowout.
    Some, perhaps many, Repubs realize NPD Trump will not be a viable candidate in 2028.
    Enough of the above Repubs decide trying control the US through strangulation means isn't the answer; they vote in favor of the reforms.

Yes, it's farfetched, probably completely unrealistic. The GOP would rally behind someone very much like NPD Trump.

Can you imagine a young healthy Repub presidential candidate with say the communication skills of Raygun and the cunning of Dick Cheney?

9. rogue49

Well, this might help smooth the wrinkles...
    Samuel Alito thinking about retirement: report

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

Opinion | ‘That’s What I Would Have Liked, to Live in a Wild Sea’
    * NYT article, sorry...can't find an alternative for ref.
    I'm of a Libertarian mind on this matter...

IMHO, get the govt out of our fuckin' business and lives. It's our life and our choice.
    Mind your own business, get back to work on real problems...supporting those who WANT to stay around and be alive.

As long as a person goes thru a series of mental/emotional tests, then let them do as they will.
    We've got more than enough people.

And the grief and inconvenience that friends, family or otherwise feel, is NO different than if they got hit by a tree branch falling from the above on a sunny day. (this happened to me at 16, BTW)
    Or had a heart attack, a stroke, COVID-19, a drunk driver, a bus/truck turning wrong, a fall to the cement, lightning strike, drowning, drug use and the bazillion ways there are to croak instantly...

Sorry, and I don't care about any religious aspect...not my business, only the business of the person making the choice.
    Get religion out of govt choices and activities. There are too many out there to make any specific decision and not open up a can a worms to bog down the courts even more.
    (Hell, I've even heard of an "atheist" who was into pagan...so be it. Jews for Jesus, etc. and so on... Religion and faith is a HUGE spectrum that is dynamic and changes on a person's whim or woe. IMHO, a flavor to life :p)

Other countries seem to do fine with it and don't collapse. I think Sweden has "bye bye" beds where people can just go permanently to sleep. (don't recall the real name for the product/tool, but it seemed to get the point across)

Again, govt needs to stay out of our lives...and death.
    Hell, those some states who are pro-life, aren't really, because they don't want to support you and yours after you're born...believe you should work until you die....and if you can't work, should be dead.

I'll reiterate to the self-righteous, nosy busy bodies and VIPs, judges & politicians who don't really give a damn but want votes and cash.
    STFU and GTFO !!! :mad:

Do as you will.
    Life is yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

We can decide to euthanize a suffering animal.

But...
    we can't let people make their own decisions regarding how they want to die.

That's wrong.

Edit: My original post was ambiguous & confusing.

• Agree Agree x 1