1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

QOTD #79: Who is your #1 priority?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Jun 27, 2016.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

This came up in another place and I just don't feel like engaging the people in that space on the topic. I'd much rather see what you folks have to say.

Who or what is your #1 priority?
    Is it yourself?
    A spouse?
    A child?
    A cause?
    A goal?

Does it shift and change from day to day?

I keep coming back to this one and I'm curious if my mindset is really all that healthy. I struggle to make myself #1. I keep trying to put myself in that spot, but it just doesn't fit. And it never has. Some Christians say that Jesus is their #1. That's great and all, but it's not me. The problem is, I'm not really sure what my #1 is. And I'm not sure that I want something or someone to fill that particular spot at this time in my life. My children are pretty dang important to me. I find their happiness more important than myself. I also place my husband above me most of the time. But I don't consider him #1 either. The nebulous concept of "family" seems to come into the #1 spot, with various members shifting in and out of that spot as needed. But there are times when I set family aside and focus on work. There aren't any causes that I'm particularly driven to promote. Children's rights are important to me, I suppose. But that's not something I feel a need to scream from the rooftops about. Plants are important to me, but not to the point where I'd choose a plant over a family member.

This all feels pretty rambly and disorganized. Which is a direct reflection of my thoughts on the matter.

What or who is your #1?

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Work
    Pay bills
    Dog
    School
    Relax
    Find some time with family & friends
    Travel & adventures

Priorities are my obligations.
    The dog is my child, thus my responsibility.
    I have to relax, otherwise I burn out.
    Friends & family I want and enjoy...but they do take time, mind and money. (just a logistical fact)

3. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

It shifts from day to day, even moment to moment. Usually it's either myself, Mrs. Levite, or the children.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Yep.

Could be me (self-care!), could be my husband. Depends. Could even be one of my students.

5. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

at the moment, me.

6. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Well know things change , so these days it's my GS

7. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I am focused on me, but I see me in direct relation to my wife and kids.

This is not to say that I put myself first all the time, quite the opposite. The betterment of my family unit is good for me and it's good for them.

There are times where I can put people outside my family unit ahead of me, but that is usually because it will ultimately benefit e family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1