1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

[Post a pic of your latest purchase]

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by cis689, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

PLUS among the paper books I manage to find first editions, author autographs, limited editions, etc. Very rarely do I pay more than $2.50 for HB book, usually more like $1.00. Paperbacks tend to go for $.50, but I have to be careful with PBs because my eyesight is getting worse.

This is the What are you reading thread, right? :p

2. Rebel CR

Rebel CR Vertical

purchased via a gift card recv'd for xmas, black & white striped jeans - not the kitten ;)

[​IMG]

the kitten is one of two sisters i'm currently fostering for SPCA

• Like Like x 4
  3. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

I just ordered a set of 4 Konig Lace rims, 18" x 9.5" (will be powder-coated bright metallic silver when they get here), along with a set of +25mm Garage Line wheel spacers for a wider stance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. omega

omega Very Tilted

@othersyde, what car are they going on? You aren't going hellaflush, are you?

5. OtherSyde

I'm avoiding the whole "poke" and "stretch" thing for sure, no camber mods either, although my rims should largely be close to flush with the outer edges of my fenders, but they won't stick out beyond the fenders. I just want a nice wide stance.

This is my car, a 2007 Mazda RX-8, 6-speed manual RWD. I did NOT put the green rims on it - I bought it that way, and it was black 2 weeks ago as well. I think you'll agree with everyone else on the RX8 Club forums that the green wheels need to go, especially now that the car is blue (brand new paint job)...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this is it before the new paint (not really visible in the picture is how scratched-up, chipped, and fried the original black paint job was after upwards of a decade baking under the tropical Hawaiian sun - the hood and roof were particularly bad, and had to be sanded all the way down to the metal due to rust spots)...
    [​IMG]
    [Edit] - I just ordered some blue side-markers from RotaryFX.com, the orange ones kind of stick out like a sore thumb on the blue paint. I'm trying to make everything tastefully color-matched blue or silver.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. omega

omega Very Tilted

Nice car. I'd do things a little differently, but I think the rx8 is very underappreciated. Of course, living in Hawai'i your gas prices are probably pretty high but then you don't have far to go. I sat in the back of one when they first came out, and I was impressed with how good the back seats were considering the car. I had an 86 rx7 and the rotary is such a smooth engine. Definitely need to change the rims. Are you thinking of painting those yourself and reselling? For me i would use them as snow or autocross tires. But I live in an area with snow and a giant mountain range nearby.

7. OtherSyde

Thanks! Everyone's got their tastes. I'm trying not to go too overboard with any particular aspect (avoiding frivolous ricey stuff), but end up with a very smooth, clean, blue-and-silver look. I was really sold on the car when I saw the back seat and suicide doors - a practical sports car, if one ever existed. And yeah, it gets mediocre gas mileage, but I live 3 miles from where I work, and you can drive across the whole island in like 45 minutes, so I don't use much gas really. Also on the Navy base gas is cheaper, and without tax.

I went online to find a place to powdercoat my new rims (I personally hate black rims - why pay thousands of dollars for rims no one can see, that look like part of the tire?), and accidentally found the place where the car's previous owner had the green rims done - Rims & Auto Parts | Mekala Powdercoat & Patio Mfg. Inc. - So I'll probably go there for my new ones too. The green ones are very good rims, actually considerably more expensive than the new Konig Lace set I ordered; the design is called called Axis Halo, size: 18" x 9.5". See here:
    Axis Halo Wheel - Axis Wheels - The Result of a Passion for Automotive Excellence
    . Granted you can find them considerably cheaper if you look around, such as here: http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/WheelDetails.cfm?IDNumber=AxisHalo_MatteBlk&SKU=2416

The green ones have some curb rash; not severe, but it obviously took off some of the powdercoating, so they'd need to be repainted for sure - if not for that then for the ridiculous (and now somewhat faded) neon green color. I'm not sure what I'll do with them, really. Maybe craigslist them locally for $800 or so.

[EDIT] - I don't wanna hijack this thread with loads of auto/car-talk, but I can't seem to find a car thread anywhere on the forum... Can somebody point me to one if it exists..? Thanks

8. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

[​IMG]
    I don't need a financial calculator and I have all 4 games, so I have no reason to hesitate on flipping everything and should come out around $150 ahead. Hoping the locksmith is delayed and they can't open the other display case at Goodwill until Monday so I can get the graphing calculator cheap and resell it, too.

• Like Like x 4
  9. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

[​IMG]
    --- merged: Mar 27, 2014 at 11:28 AM ---
    A 1966 Lionel ZW 275 watt 4 train transformer......anyone here do Trains?

xoxoxoo

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  10. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I grew up in a house with an entire room devoted to an HO layout.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Bought tickets to Opening Night at the minor league ballpark in town. Pretty spiffy deal... $44 = 4 tickets (good seats), 4 sodas, 4 hot dogs, 4 chips/fries, and 4 tees. w00t!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. Chris Noyb

Check out the prices for the Sugarland Skeeters in the link.

BTW, the prices are for i-n-d-i-v-i-d-u-a-l tickets.

2014 Sugarland Skeeters Baseball Tickets

13. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I started to say, "holy shit, I wouldn't pay that for a Major League team!" The first group is for ticket packages, though... individual game tickets are only 9-13 bucks, which isn't too bad. Individual tickets here are usually 5-9 bucks, so not too much of a difference. The tickets I got for Opening Night were part of a promotional deal.

14. Chris Noyb

Maybe I didn't "click" deep enough for all the details. The screen I saw read per ticket, but that probably meant per ticket package. Duh, me :confused:.

15. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

That's obviously because they don't have a generous sponsorship deal with Cliff's Plumbing and Drains.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

contacts.JPG

My life and welcome to it. Got paid yesterday. All my fun money for the next month. Boo.
    The very blind person is me.
    The moderately sight-impaired one is my son.
    OTOH, glad I can spring for it. :)

17. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

That's almost enough to pay for a really nice pair of glasses.... kinda makes me glad contacts never worked out for me.

18. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I wear glasses, too!
    My prescription demands contact lenses. I mean, 20/1100 and 20/1050?
    Them are thick lenses on glasses--and expensive to get them ground down as much as they can.
    I like glasses. So many people look really good in them.

19. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I love glasses. Both the aesthetics of them and their ability to allow me to see. Contacts never quite worked as well for me.

Yay glasses!

20. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

I wear them mostly because I get hit in the face on a regular basis and having a near permanent set of ANSI rated lenses has come in handy... then again as I often say: "I am not the control group".