1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless announcements 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cynthetiq, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

With the fucktards that hangout around here?

• Like Like x 2
  2. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Someone call me?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Chris Noyb

Go Zags!
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 3, 2017 ---
    Oh well. They went cold, deserved to lose.

But I ain't happy for NC, boo hiss.

4. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

My children enjoy playing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

No. We wouldn't want you to get lost.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Chris Noyb

For our upcoming date night I'm going to have to dig around in the closet to find some decent clothes that don't make me

look as though I had to dig around in the closet for decent clothes.

• Like Like x 3
  7. kramus

kramus what I might see

It occurred to me that it was the start of April 2007 when I moved into the Manor to live w my Lady :)
    We've lived together for 10 years now. Time sure flies.
    I quit a job I'd had for 24 years, and left a city I'd lived in since 1969 to make that move.
    Best. Decision. Ever.

IMG_2176.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  8. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

My GS has come into my life under nourished and behind in development in all aspects of his early years. He is now 4 1/2 years old and has been with me for not quite 2 years. He is now the tallest in his class. Changing his diet to heavy milk products, vitamins daily, home Cooked meals, and introducing him to class room environments has served him well. Living and working here in the country ( helping grandpa) also a big contributor. He is still behind the other pre k students scholastically however we are working every otherday on reading and sight words. His overall growth has been amazing. We have a height scale on his bedroom wall and he stands a full head taller than when he moved in. He is also the tallest child in his class. Still only 50lbs. He doesn't seem to gain weight. He has become mouthy strong and an extrovert. He tests his strength and mine. And this new found self realization that he his large has forced me to temper his ego with ( please be kind ) to your friends. This boy is now acting like a boy and is certainly full of himself. And I Love Him with a full and grateful heart.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

The best part of today was telling my boss that a piece of poop fell out of my client's pants onto the floor of our office last night.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

One day last month I woke up to my water heater sitting at a 45 degree angle in its rotted housing outside.
    Now, after 7 long hours we finally got the water heater reset in its new and improved housing and the pipes fixed.
    Just have to wait a week or two for the glue smell/taste to leave the water. Whew!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Chris Noyb

Years ago MW & I replaced our rotted water heater with a new one. It wasn't that difficult--well, setting aside the physical part--except I ended up having to disconnect and rewrap the threads on nearly every fitting because they leaked. Live and learn.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fremen

I feel your pain.
    This place has been riddled with leaking pipes.
    As for the water heater, so far, so good. *knock on wood*

13. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I must have the biggest asshole... :rolleyes:
    Because the way I'm able to pull things out of my ass sometimes is scary.

- Technical topics that I haven't worked on in years.
    - Things I've never worked on before
    - Figuring out environments I haven't seen or worked on.

And being able to speak intelligently and coming close to answer that even professionals can work with.

I'm not saying I'm exact...or perfect.
    But I can wing it like the best of them.
    And talk on it and not seem like a fool...or someone who's bullshiting.

Hard part about it, some techs are VERY anal...so if you've not lived it or are exacting or know the syntax on the spot... then you "don't know what you're doing"
    The same asshats that have accused me of "cheating" (like I have a midget under my desk doing code for me...or I'm shopping it out)
    They don't know how I do it.

But a very wise person...( and some scientists) have said, it's not so much that you KNOW something...it's that you "KNOW OF" something.
    That you know how to look for it, how to filter out BS or unneeded info, that you can figure it out. Manipulate it.

That's how I remember things, I "know of" them. My memory is situational. (probably why I tell warstories or blamed for boasting)
    I remember back to when I did something or saw something...a vague idea...then I work it...look up the exact info...or something that gets closer...then I whittle it down.

At the same time...I don't know how the hell I can talk on it.

Like I just was asked to assist a pro with a database setup on a platform I haven't worked on in 13 years...in a fully different environ, in a different role, on a different matter.
    He was asking for remote connectivity from DB to DB ...last I did was a migration. His is on Linux by command line, my was on Windows client on a GUI.
    And dammit, there were several different platforms of the same name and the damned company had been bought up and renamed everything.
    Drool was coming out my mouth when I first talked to him.
    But I asked for a day to meet later on it...never got ANY time to research it...until the LAST hour...and I figured it out...it just clicked.
    When I couldn't even think about it before...then it just started clicking.

I was thinking, oh shit...I just fuckin' started this job, they expect me to be experienced and knowledgeable.
    I was sweating it.

Yet...I was able to help him out, when he couldn't figure it out...get him going on a solution...and I found him a document that would even answer all the security concerns on connecting (SSL, LDAP, Kerberos, etc)

It's weird how the brain works.
    However, I still can't find my glasses sometimes or I don't even know why I walked into a room :oops:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Was in a leather shop today on Isle Mujeres in Mexico. They had a bunch of leather @MeltedMetalGlob style hats (formerly known as Indian Jones hats). I tried on a couple, but they were all too small. The older Mexican man who was the proprietor came up to help, and I told him that I wanted a hat, but my head is huge. He looked closely at my head and said 'oh my god, it is'. Then he dug through the pile of hats and said 'try this, it is the biggest, it will stretch a little'. But it still wasn't even close to being big enough. I said 'oh well, gracias senor' and started to walk away.

He said (not lying) 'sorry, I do not sell umbrellas'.
    #hugeheadproblems

• Like Like x 6
  15. I like that guy.

Why do you even bother with hats? You'll never be as cool as @MeltedMetalGlob

• Like Like x 8
  16. Chris Noyb

Is anybody as cool as MMG?

• Like Like x 7
  17. Fremen

You should march right back in there and have a custom made umbrella hat made.

You, too, could look this happy!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I'm going to shift gears here temporarily from my usual self-deprecation shtick:
    [​IMG]

Forgive me- I'm not normally this arrogant, but I just stumbled across a debate about Star Wars vs. Star Trek and I realized that even a guy like me has gotten laid more than any of those saps! :cool:

Oh, and this forum needs a little more Raul Julia, anyway. :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  19. Chris Noyb

Whoa!!

Do you mean you've gotten laid more than those involved in the debate ;),
    or laid more than Captain James T. Kirk :rolleyes:?

EDIT--Yet again all I'm getting for the image is a white X on a black background with [​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 7, 2017 ---
    Borla's wife wouldn't let him wear such a Chick Magnet hat.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Chris Noyb