1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Odin's Tooth Webcomic

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by MeltedMetalGlob, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I was probably around 10 years ago, but I do have few break gaps here & there.

Edit: I "rejoined" the re-booted 2012 TFP in Aug 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I just love the idea of an app where you get a discount if you can post your order in the form of a haiku.
    Chocolate covered
    High Voltage Espresso beans
    Five pounds for this week

• Like Like x 2
  3. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Guess I better get around to posting the next panel before the joke gets too old!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I will use my Haikupon now.

Edible panties
    Cherry and chocolate flavored
    Three pairs of each please

Last edited: Jul 7, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. MeltedMetalGlob

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I have no idea what any of this shit is about but it makes me laugh!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. MeltedMetalGlob

Always encouraging to hear; I was concerned that after a few years I may have lost my touch!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. MeltedMetalGlob

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. MeltedMetalGlob

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

Something fishy is going on.

• Like Like x 2
  11. fflowley

Personally I have no idea what's going on but I get a smile on my face looking at these panels.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chris Noyb

The "fishy" comes from the Our Flounder poster, which isn't the Our Founder poster.

A refresher on the characters & what they're up to would be great ;).

• Lovely Lovely x 1
  13. MeltedMetalGlob

Excellent idea- under different circumstances, I'd simply recommend going back to page 1 and re-reading, but after doing that myself a while back I found that those few 30 panels or so aren't as strong as everything else that came after them. At the time, we were still finding our way and hadn't gotten our sea legs, so to speak.

Also, my boss was fond of inserting new characters on a too-regular basis- I think counted close to 50 different characters inhabiting this webcomic, and in this reboot I want to pare that number down. Some are repetitive and serve little practical purpose, not to mention not as funny as others.

On a third note, my collaborator's been busy traveling for work , so we've fallen a bit behind on getting new comics ready. So rather than let this thread languish, I'll post one more panel I have ready, then the next few posts will be re-introducing characters that have already appeared in the new panels!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. fflowley

I’ve got my notebook and pen ready.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  16. MeltedMetalGlob

Here we go with the synopsis:

Odin's Tooth chronicles the exploits & adventures of a cast of assorted characters living in a world where Norse divine entities exist and are involved in business affairs of mere mortals living in the fictional city of Lavaplatos.

Odin's Tooth is in fact the name of a small business run by The Mad Viking, (summary on him coming up later) and he has a handful of employees getting into scrapes here and there as they try to accomplish goals set for them by Freya, the Norse goddess of fertility & magic.

Their chief enemy is Surtr, a fire giant who plans to rule over the city, but always seems thwarted by the fact that he lacks the monetary resources to do so. Surtr has a brace of henchmen, but they are even less competent (if that's possible) than the Odin's Tooth gang.

First up: Death.
    [​IMG]

Death is... well, death. He showed up one day at the Tooth while visiting family and has stayed on ever since as a freelance employee, doing office work. He loves cookies and tobacco.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. fflowley

Way cool.
    That's pretty much what I was going to say it was about, I just didn't want to be wrong and look silly. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. MeltedMetalGlob

Next up: Lillith Ember!

[​IMG]

Lillith is the receptionist for Odin's Tooth, but she only took the job because Death works there- she has a HUGE crush on him, and simply won't give up. Death is clearly not interested, but Lillith hasn't given up yet and is usually following Death around. When visitors show up, Lillith has a tendency to retreat from her position, but this is understandable given the bizarre types that march into Odin's Tooth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. fflowley

Lilith is a hotty!

20. Chris Noyb

Trivia Fact*:

Lillith Ember is the granddaughter of Little Nell.

*Maybe.