1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

No Children

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mysugarcane, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Josh Duggar has four children.

The Dalai Lama has no children.

Genghis Khan had thousands.

• Like Like x 2
  2. omega

omega Very Tilted

Right back at you. Now if you and I could team up and actually do something useful instead of waste time and energy on this maybe the world could be a little better.

3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Since I've never experienced that, I'm not qualified to have an opinion on it.

C'mon. I HAD to. That was a meatball right down the middle begging to be hit out of the park. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. omega

omega Very Tilted

I didn't say tie on a cape and leap off a building. I remember what you and your other Internet forum did for that young man by getting him cooking tools.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Then why not use the example of alcohol instead, since far more "everybodys" engage in alcohol consumption than not. And yet there are lots of people out there that don't, by choice, without any prior knowledge of the experience of what it's like to be tipsy, boozed out, drunk, etc. And I'm willing to bet many of them are very happy with having made that decision, given whatever reasons—in your parlance, "excuses"—they might have for doing so.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I don't have to have done speedballs to know I don't want to live that lifestyle.

What? You're missing out on banging coke into your veins. You've never done it so you can't really have an opinion.

Um yes I can.

What you have not let Jesus into your life? What about Shiva and Lakshmi? Oh. Not religious?

You don't know what you are missing.

Um yes I do.

What you don't want children? You don't know what you are missing.

Yes. Yes I know what I'm missing the good and the bad that come with it.

What are you doing this 4 day weekend? I'm going to carve up some new Michelin pilot super sport tires I just bought this morning in the smokey mountains of North Carolina. Next 4 day weekend after that? I'm going to drive up the coast of Maine and eat a tonne of seafood. Next 4 day weekend after that? I'll be eating Texas BBQ in Houston.

What you don't have 4 day weekends? What you got to take the children to school? Can't spend money because little billy needs new shoes again he's growing like a weed! What you have to save for their college?

So do tell oh @omega master of this discussion, what am I missing that will be fulfilled by something I don't want?

• Like Like x 3
  7. omega

omega Very Tilted

You just compared cocaine to having children. I dare you to make less sense!

8. As a breeder, I got totally lost on all this...

What was your main point @omega ?

9. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

Everyone who is not a breeder is ignorant of why being a breeder is awesome. If they read/listened/popped out a podling, then they would know it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. That's what I'm getting out of omega's posts.

10. It is fucking amazing.

There are people who have made the correct decision in not choosing to procreate though. I don't think they're selfish at all. I thank the good lord that certain people do not have children. Some who belong to this very forum.
    --- merged: Aug 27, 2015 10:42 PM ---
    I also wanted to add, using the term "excuses" over "rationales" forces the reader to automatically be on the defensive and make a main argument difficult to hear. As a fellow English major I will say that tone is just as important as grammar in crafting a good response.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Whatever.

It's not like the planet is scarce of people or in danger of it.
    Nor am I a worrier of overpopulation either.
    Either way, what will happen will happen...it's not like we can control the whole.

Me, I'm a non non-breeder. No kids yet, but if given the choice, I'll have them and enjoy them.
    But those who don't...enjoy. Guilt free.
    Don't listen to the nay-sayers.

It's like religion or politics, it's simply a favor to life.
    Choose your flavor.
    Or you can change your tastes too.
    The universe will go on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

As someone late to the discussion that evolved yesterday, another English major, and someone with a Master's degree in how to teach said subject, including rhetoric, I want to know, @omega, what crawled up your asshole and died?

Seriously. That isn't an attack on you, by the way. It's an honest question.

I like not having kids, but I also know I might consider having them eventually. Maybe. Despite recent changes in my life, I'm still on the fence.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cynthetiq

Wow. So how's that 4 day weekend coming along?

Please learn to read. Maybe you missed the day of school where reading comprehension was discussed.

I did not compare cocaine to children.

You stated that one could not have an opinion if they had no experience.

I guess you read the first sentence and made the assumption of comparing cocaine to children.

I did no such thing.

I stated clearly that I can have an informed opinion without having to participate in the lifestyle. You however can't see past your own opinion and see that other opinions can be valid or even a better choice for that individual.

14. cynthetiq

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1440935495.474780.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Different strokes and all ...

[​IMG]

I'm off to do an @Borla and see if I can't wear mine out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Borla

I did something like 370 yesterday. Doing an overnight trip w/the wife and another couple today and tomorrow. We take a slower pace with the girls, so probably only 350-400 total in two days. But a 7-800 mile weekend isn't too shabby.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Borla

Ended just a few miles over 750 for the weekend, about half with the guys and half with my wife and another couple. Had a great dinner and a great dip in the hotel pool and hot tub last night. Good times were had by all. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. cynthetiq

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441066821.144117.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441067149.686879.jpg
    Miles of smiles for everyone.

It looks like we are heading home early because we want to watch the footage and look at photos. We can use tomorrow to do that. Or I can go to work if I feel like it. Either way it's 13 hours of driving 10 highway (including food stops) and 3 twisty backroads one in North Carolina and the others in Virginia. Or was that Tennessee. It's hard to see the welcome state signs when zooming past.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I like the silver car with the 'SHA RK 61' but I don't think I've seen one before. What model BMW is it?

20. Relevant

• Like Like x 2