1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2023/2024 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The good news is the girls win over the Lions actually helps the Eagles. Don't ask me to explain it, I read a couple of articles and am still confused.

While I respect that Dan Campbell's risk taking has gotten the Lions where they are, it was his failed risks that put the Lions in the position of needing the two point conversion. I changed channels in disgust after the second two point try failed and so did the onsides kick. What I missed was the footage showing the Lions player apparently checking in with the official.

Lions' controversial penalty on 2-point conversion leads to a Cowboys win

How much some bad offiating affects a game can be debated. Not in this case.

2. Chris Noyb

The Texans got it done, now that determination needs carry over to Colts game.

The Bills got it done; the Patriots put up a fight.

The damned Eagles are really blowing it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

The Bills always seem to scrape by, playing just barely at or above the level of their opponent. They are an enigma.
    Their game with the Dolphins next week is now very high stakes.
    And man are the Eagles in a tailspin.

4. fflowley

Congrats to the Texans, playing for a playoff berth next week!

5. Chris Noyb

Will the Bills turn it up a few notches in an important game? They'll need to, esp if the Dolphins are determined to win after getting stomped. Can either team step up?

Without knowing the injury situations, I'm thinking the Dolphins pull off a close win.

The Texans should be able to beat the Colts...but with the Texans you never know.

6. fflowley

I wish I could tell you which Bills team will show up but there's no rhyme or reason for their performance this year.
    They go from looking invincible to being embarrassing in the span of a week.

7. Chris Noyb

What do you do after your defense gives up a way too easy FG?

Throw a 75 yard TD pass on your first play of the game.

Go, Texans!!

8. Chris Noyb

Dear Tyler Goodson,

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    The Houston Texans

Whew, that was close...too close. We'll never know if the Colts would've gotten the go ahead TD, thanks to Tyler Goodson.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. fflowley

Bravo Texans!

10. Chris Noyb

I take it we're both hoping for the Titans to upset the Jags. It would take some (but not all) of the pressure off the Bills, & would have the Texans winning the AFC South and hosting the Wild Card Game.

The Jags should win, but they've had lengthy lapses. Vrabel is most likely really wanting to, maybe needing to, close out a rough season on a positive note.

Now I need to look up what the Eagles need...even though I see an early PO exit for them.

The Ravens will host their PO game with three weeks rest for the important starters, & two weeks rest in general.

The NFC PO should be wild. Since I think the Eagles will flop, I'm pulling for the Lions to make it to the s
    SB.

11. fflowley

Actually if the Bills lose today they don't deserve to be in the playoffs, and if they still get in with a loss the road to advance would be almost impossible, having to play all their games on the road.

What a remarkable rise the Texans made this year versus last year.

12. Chris Noyb

If the Bills get in, even if they get a big win over the Dolphins, I can see them getting bounced early. Their inconsistency reminds of the Eagles, except the Eagles somehow managed to win a few more games.

I pulling for the Texans in the POs, but I live in the real world. The Colts game showed the Texans have weaknesses, which will be exploited by better teams in the POs. We'll see.

13. fflowley

For sure re: the Texans but there's nothing like getting actual playoff experience.
    They've already exceeded everyone's expectations; they need to go all out and have fun and try to win a playoff game now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

Thank you, Tennessee Titans. The Houston Texans will host the Cleveland Browns in the Wild Card round, & the Bills and Steelers are in the POs.

15. fflowley

Bills are in. They can go beat Miami tonight and clinch #2 in the conference, or they can lose and try again next week when Miami has Moestert and Waddle back.

16. Chris Noyb

The Bills did it, they'll host the Steelers. The Dolphins offense went cold in the 2nd half, of course the Bills' D had a lot to do with that.

The Dolphins get visit the Chiefs, who haven't played great but can get hot very quickly.

17. fflowley

Josh Allen should take the entire defense out for a big steak dinner. They kept the Bills in it while Josh took his time pulling his head out of his ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

The Texans were one point favorites over the Colts, they're 1.5 point underdogs against the Browns. I don't bet, but I would take the Texans.

Not the NFL...

MLB allowed the Atros to keep the 2017 World Series Championship title.

Should the NCAA allow the Michigan Wolverines football team to keep their college championship title? Some serious critics questioned whether the Wolverines should've been allowed to play for the championship.

I'm sure the revenue generated by the Wolverines' program didn't influence the NCAA :rolleyes:.

19. fflowley

I don’t bet either but I would want 4 points to take the Texans.
    The Browns look good on both sides of the ball and they have some playoff experience where it counts.

20. Chris Noyb

The Titans fired Mike Vrabel. I can see him having several choices for his next HC job, & he won't have to settle for a team desperately needing a rebuild.

I'm guessing the Titans are preparing for a rebuild and want a relatively clean slate, which is understandable, but they need to hire the right HC.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 10, 2024, Original Post Date: Jan 10, 2024 ---
    I have to say Flacco looks like his time not starting helped him greatly. The Browns are solid, & Flacco's experience could be the difference against the Texan's inexperienced defense.

OTOH a win, esp a strong win, over the Browns would give the Texans a major mental boost.

I'm just glad they're in the POs, & hope they play well.

• Like Like x 1