1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2023/2024 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

History shows some truth. OTOH the sports media loves to focus on the issue.

Most NFL team owners are extremely wealthy older white men who, in all likelihood, live in a mostly white world. Of course there are exceptions.

OTOH some of the former HCs, lower level coaches, & college coaches might look great on paper, but are horrible in interviews. I know I've seen bright peope, of various races, held back because they don't interview well at all (to be clear I don't know people in the NFL).

IIRC, & the reports are accurate, Eric Bienmy is a perennial hot prospect who falls into the Blows Interviews category.

2. Terrell

Terrell Vertical

How does an NFL caliber receiver line up offside? This is football 101; you cannot be ahead or even with the ball at the snap. You can be even with it if you're the guy snapping the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

The Bills almost got a big assist from the Vikings today.
    Almost.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

I saw a news flash Keenum will start for the Texans tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Ka'imi Fairbairn* is back. I think we're going to need him. Relying on FGs isn't a good strategy in the NFL, but 4-4 is better than 2-4 in a game you lose by two points.

* Have you ever seen his full name?
    John
    Christian
    Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a
    Fairbairn.

Edit: Case Keenum earnings so far,
    nearly $52,000,000.00.
    Not bad for a guy who went undrafted, & has bounced around the league mostly as a backup QB.

Case Keenum

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
  6. Chris Noyb

How long did it takes ref to throw the flag for holding? I couldn't tell from the replay. Oh well, Fairbairn came through.

Now, do I root for the Bills because I hate all things Dallas cowgirls, or for the girls because every Bills loss helps the Texans?

7. fflowley

The Bills smoked the Cowboys.
    That's the Bills team we expected to see every week this year.
    Not the one that lost to New England and the Jets.
    Nobody in the AFC wants to meet them in the playoffs.
    Dolphins......we're coming for you.
    And for just this week we are all huge Cowboys fans.

8. Chris Noyb

The Ravens helped the Texans by beating the Jags.

Hopefully the Eagles will get past the Seahawks to hurt the cowgirls.

There is no way I can root for the girls no matter what good a win by them will do for the AFC. Although my understanding is the mix of wins & losses required for the girls to move past the Eagles is about as unlikely as unlikely gets without being impossible.

It won't matter. The Dolphins are a flawed team coming off a big win + the girls are a very good team (I never said that) coming off an embarrassing blowout loss = the Dolphins get stomped. Unless the Dolphins borrow the Run It plan from the Bills, and the girls haven't figured how to stop it.

9. fflowley

My thoughts exactly....although I am biased in that direction.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

Are the Eagles trying to let the girls win the NFC East?

I thought they had removed the choking collar, & their bad history versus the Seahawks was moot. Hah!

11. Chris Noyb

12. Chris Noyb

Thanks a lot, Chargers...not. I'm sure the Bills gladly accepted the ugly win.

If the Texans were a very good team the Browns, Colts, & Jags might not be serious challenges. But the Texans aren't a "very good" team.

13. fflowley

It's never easy with the Bills.
    They looked like they were doing everything possible to lose that game.
    How can that be the same team that steamrolled the Cowboys last week?
    They are incomprehensible.

14. Chris Noyb

The Bills let the unplugged Chargers get close at least three times in the 4th quarter. Should the Bills defense get credit for stopping them when it mattered, or should the Chargers offense (and the Bills offense in the 4th quarter) be blamed?

It's moot. Other than questioning what position will the Bills be in when they face the Dolphins? And will the Dolphins need to play to win, or just let their second team get some playing time?

If Keenum get the win over the Browns, and we get Stroud back for the Colts & Titans, the Texans might be OK. Or they might not (remember the nearly inexcusable losses to Panthers & Jets).

15. fflowley

The Bills got a lot of help from other teams today in terms of making the playoffs but the Cowboys couldn't pull off the one that really mattered.
    The Cowboys were a juggernaut just a month ago. Now not so much.

16. Chris Noyb

The officiating in the girls vs Dolphins sucked. I'm glad the right team won.

I can believe how bad the Texans were today; the final score is very misleading. I can't believe the Jags, Colts, & Titans also lost. The POs? Probably not.

17. fflowley

Texans are coming back to earth but the progress they made this year was fantastic.
    You have to be excited for next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

I haven't given up on the Texans, esp since I didn't have high hopes to begin with, although I did take exception with the experts who picked the Texans to win only 3-4 games.

OTOH...a rookie QB, a first time HC, no top receivers, what could've gone wrong?

How crazy would it be if Flacco, a 38yo free agent QB (coming out of involuntary retirement???), who could've been signed at any time for relatively small $, leads the Browns into the POs?

After the Browns gave up nearly everything to sign Watson.

19. Chris Noyb

Chiefs fans must be getting nervous. They should be.

Thank you, Eagles, for keeping the girls down. Even if your close win over the bad Giants wasn't impressive.

The Ravens were hot tonight. Did we get to see the real 49ers, or were they just a surpringly cold?

20. Chris Noyb

Texans claim Kareem Jackson off waivers from Broncos | FOX Sports

The Texans signed a familiar face, 35yo Kareem Jackson. Setting aside his age, & him no longer starting, he has a history, including a recent suspension, of being a dirty player.

He & Ryans played together as Texans back in '10-'11. I seriously hope Ryans knows what he doing, because right now this looks like a desperation move. Maybe it's one of those symbolic waiver signings, or part of some weird and confusing maneuvering.