1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

New season of Mad Men, starts in less than two weeks.

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Borla, Mar 12, 2012.

1. wolf Evil Grin

I loved the Joan/Roger dilemma, he's obviously not happy with his marriage, and with her husband gone and her loneliness it will be interesting to see how long Joan can hold Roger off. Too bad we didn't get to see Betty at all in this episode, but we'll catch up with her in episode 2. Very interesting to see the dynamic between Don and Megan, will be interesting to see how long he can go without an affair, for now she is doing it for him, so maybe she'll be enough. I know he doesn't want to screw up his life the way he did with Betty.

This is obviously going to be a season heavily focused on Pete. He's the driving force bringing in the bulk of the business and the ambition to go after more. His wife is obviously going through postpartum depression, and that has taken its toll on their marriage.

I'm psyched Mad Men is finally back.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

One other side benefit of Mad Men last night?

Mrs. Borla decided to do her best Mrs. Draper dance impression from the party, except in the outfit that Mrs. Draper was wearing when she was cleaning up from the party on her hands and knees.

I did not mind that at all. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  3. wolf Evil Grin

VERY NICE

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

You champion, Borla. You champion. Hopefully this was all accomplished without the uncomfortable sexual politics of the show, though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Any new thoughts about the newest season?

Thus far, I'm not a huge fan. I'm still sick of Pete, I'm not a fan of the domestication/sissification of Don, and I'm not liking this follow-the-character linear story line they seem to be shooting for in each episode. It feels like the writers have changed, and not in a good way. I did appreciate
    Roger's LSD trip though. The accordion cigarette had me cracking up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

Haha Bear Cub, accordion cig for the win! I laughed too. :p
    I agree the show has a different vibe overall. Loads of themes each episode, and less soap-opratic...by that I mean it shows less of all characters doing mundane things, and moreso thematic POVs of particular characters particular times.
    I loved episode 4: Mystery Date. Thought it was well written, and acted. Watched it a couple times now. :p
    Tonight's episode was interesting. I missed the first 17 minutes, so most of it was confusing to watch. But it was interesting to see Megan grow in the work place again. She's determined. Though I have NO idea what her dad was talking about at the dining room table. From what I recall, she aspired to be an actress, and never had luck. So, wtf was he talking about her giving up her life goals? Life goals change, pops. I must have missed something...

7. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

Just started watching this season. Like it so far.
    Does the shows title mean anything in particular? I only skimmed the Wiki page and didn't see a reference to it.

8. Borla

IIRC, 'Mad Men' is so named because Madison Avenue was where all the ad agencies were. And in the time period the show starts in all the advertising big-wigs were men. So Madison Avenue Men became 'Mad Men'.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

duh... -1 point for me for not figuring that out on my own... thanks

10. Borla

:D

If you are digging the show already after just starting to watch it mid-stream, I highly recommend going back and watching it from the beginning. The first several episodes are often considered a bit slow, but the character development in the first season is pretty awesome if you ask me.

Plus it is an excuse to see more of Christina Hendricks.

11. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

Well, just one episode left.
    Pitch in your opinions on this season. What did you all think of it?
    Did you like it more, less or on par with other seasons?
    What was your favourite episode?
    What was your favourite scene?
    There's been a lot of change this season. Which change shocked you the most?

I'll post my answers tomorrow ;)

12. Borla

No chatter about tonight's season premiere?

For shame!