1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix Instant Viewing Suggestions

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by lionrock, Aug 1, 2011.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Yeah, it's sucked in a number of my students. I just pat them on their heads and tell them they're cute.

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Dr Jin - Fascinating look at Korea in the 1860s, especially when you take a modern day Surgeon and drop him in that environment. My knowledge of the Korean language is non-existent and not much better concerning the history of that era but I have found it very enjoyable so far.
    It has given me cause to educate myself somewhat on that period and location actually.

3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Recently managed to get Netflix working via Apple TV.

Have made or am making my way through:
    Firefly/Serenity (about time, I know)
    The Following (high body count)
    Louie
    Portlandia
    Orange is the New Black

There are so many great films and series on Netflix and so little time to watch them all...

• Like Like x 1
  4. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I finally got around to watching the first episode of House of Cards. It was good. Kevin Spacey is pretty much always awesome, and I didn't know Robin Wright was in it so that was a nice surprise.

Definitely going to watch more. Maybe even tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

I've got two seasons of Dexter left, then maybe I'll move on to Justified...

6. Charlatan

Just watched, Take This Waltz. It's filmed in Toronto and stars Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen and Sarah Silverman... directed by Sarah Polley.

It's the story of woman in the process of questioning her five-year marriage and the possibility of having an affair. Quite melancholy, but full of some great scenes and Toronto.

7. Charlatan

Currently watching, The Fall with Gillian Anderson. Creepy but in a good way.

8. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I just couldn't get into it. Does it pick up after the first episode?

9. Charlatan

It's a slow burn. The creep factor is the cutting back and forth between one part of the story and the other.

10. snowy

If Noragami is on Netflix in Canada, @Baraka_Guru and @Martian, check it out. It's weird in a good way, and really funny, too--it's a light fantasy based on Shinto. There's only the one series, but I liked it so much I'll probably start reading the manga.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  11. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Bounty Killer.
    Totally batshit crazy movie about celebrity bounty hunters chasing white collar criminals in the aftermath of the corporate wars.
    Has one of my new favorite concepts, the gun caddy.
    This is the guy who runs behind the hero, provides him/her with the perfect weapon and makes sure it's never out of bullets.

Also Super and God Bless America, both a bit deranged and for everyone but I highly recommend them.

12. Charlatan

Just noticed The Crow is available. I haven't seen it since it first came out. I watched the first 10 minutes or so (and then my daughter joined me so we watched something else). The soundtrack is cooler than I remember (the Cure and Nine Inch Nails).

• Like Like x 3
  13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I love that soundtrack. I've had it since the movie was released and I still pull out the track by Thrill Kill when I'm really pissed. Such a cool movie back then. Still pretty great.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Fecking tapatalk.

15. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Sword Art Online. This anime has been fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  16. snowy

We really enjoyed that one, too. Watched our way through that a few months back. Anime is one of those things my husband will pick out, decide to watch, and then I end up getting sucked into the show.

• Like Like x 1
  17. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I just started binge watching Sherlock.
    I'd only ever seen a couple of episodes so it's great to catch them all straight through.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Still haven't seen more than two episodes of Firefly.
    I have been enjoying the first season of From Dusk Till Dawn. Most of the reviews say it drops off a bit after episode 6 of 10 where I am right now, but it definitely has a good cast and moves at a good pace.

19. snowy

I need to do that.

Again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

Good Morning Vietnam. Holy shit how have i never seen this?