1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix Instant Viewing Suggestions

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by lionrock, Aug 1, 2011.

1. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

I could watch something I Netflix tonight

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Lockout w/ Guy Pearce. It's Luc Besson's canned Die Hard ripoff in set in space and featuring almost zero character development... but Pearce's dry, McLane-style wit carries the thing pretty well. Bad guys are nasty, girl is a looker.

You'll need two beers to enjoy it but it's not too horrible based on '80s Action standards.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  3. curiousbear

Not sure why I never watched Lockout even thought it is under Top Picks For You!
    Last night I slept off while standing... Yes almost fell...
    Lockout may be tonight

4. curiousbear

Watched lockout yesterday and I liked it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. curiousbear

Watched beyond borders. Hardcore. I was indifferent.

6. curiousbear

Whore's glory - it is a documentary about prostitutionin Thailand Bangladesh and Mexico.
    The part at 0:44 disturbed me I often think about it. ...

7. curiousbear

Watched convicted. Good one.

8. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Fun thing that I recently found out:

If you download the Hola Unblocker add-on for Chrome (I think it's available for other browsers, but I haven't tested it), you can view your Netflix account from other countries. I've been using Netflix Canada recently to binge watch Community.

• Like Like x 1
  9. curiousbear

My wife will appreciate that info will let her know - Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

Harry Nilsson , Why is every one talking about me ... great documentary about the 5th Beatle and a song writer singer extraordinaire
    no disappointment here ,great subject and better film ! ... xoxoxoo

11. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

My Week with Marilyn. Not a fantastic film or anything, but Michelle Williams, my god, she looks and sounds and moves exactly like her. It's uncanny at times.

• Like Like x 2
  12. curiousbear

Way back - amazing. The people who embrace nature's challenge and go great distance to reach their personal morals are the real conquerors

13. curiousbear

Underground - good one.

14. curiousbear

Everybody is fine - very good one

15. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Leverage

16. curiousbear

Guilt Trip - I liked it.

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Stuck in Love. Man, I cried. But I liked it in all its twisted, sarcastic romanticness.

Beware the Gonzo was not nearly as good as the book.

18. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I recently watched Attack On Titan and enjoyed it so much that I ended up reading the manga comics as well. So I suppose I'd recommend that.

I'm also finally upping my geek cred by diving into Doctor Who. I'm up to the third season/series so far and enjoying myself. I just missed Torchwood though -- I saw it on Netflix, thought I should watch it, and then they removed it. Oh well.

19. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It is the hot manga/anime right now.

20. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Well, it's popular enough that it penetrated into my little world and piqued my curiosity, and I'm really not up on Japanese pop culture at all. So that in and of itself is a pretty remarkable feat.