1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Internet Lunatics - RadFems, PUA's, MRA's, MGTOW's, etc.

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by OtherSyde, May 5, 2014.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

But...but... If it's not, then what was the purpose of this thread?

2. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

Everybody knows that claiming that something isn't a feminist ploy is a classic feminist ploy.

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

"We're all feminists now." —Larry Flynt

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baraka_Guru

5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I still have no urge to see this film, but it's just because I'm a bit testosteroned out, at this point. Too many blockbuster badass and super hero flicks. But reading that reminded me of how pathetic I think the MGTOW movement is. I made the mistake of watching one youtube video about someone who is a MGTOW proponent, and I get deluged with 100's of suggestions to watch more MGTOW videos. Made the mistake of watching a couple, and felt sad for the human race that these dickheads are breeding.

6. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I thought the point of MGTOW is not to breed.

7. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

^^^ It should be the end result, but they think they can get the chicks to knuckle under and accept their sovereign right to be the boss, if they just cut them off for a while. That's the jist I got from watching the few vids I did watch. They actually think whining about not being the boss somehow puts them in a position of power.

8. Street Pattern

This was already mentioned (on the first page), but I followed a link to it and read the whole thing: PIV is always rape, ok? | radical wind

9. snowy

I need a brainscrub after reading the commentary along with the article.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baraka_Guru

And exercise is basically self-flagellation.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Street Pattern

See, I grew up in a town where a lot of women thought this way.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

Wait, a town full of women who think like the nutjob who wrote the aforementioned "All Sex is Rape" article..? What sort of Steven-King-esque hellish-alternate-reality town did you grow up in?!? It sounds like the same place where that spaceship Event Horizon went after its ill-fated attempt at interdimensional travel! :confused:

13. Street Pattern

I grew up in what was then called "the capital of lesbian separatism": Lansing/East Lansing, Michigan.

This is the hometown of the people who started and ran the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival (1976-2015), open only to women. Originally, it was open only to women who were born as women, because transsexuals were seen as men in disguise. Controversy over this policy led to the end of the festival this year.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

• Like Like x 2
  15. snowy

16. Charlatan

Just the tip...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

A feminist "study" turns out to be a fraudulent piece of methodological garbage which exists solely to push typical feminist agitprop? Like Snowy said:

In other news the final nail has been hammered into the coffin of the vicious witch hunt against Tim Hunt. A witch hunt which it needs to be pointed out cost him his entire career and turned him into a virtual pariah despite his colleagues' vocal defense of his character, and which goes far beyond mere negligence into deliberate bad faith acting on the part of every single person involved.

Where was the "majority" of "true feminists" during all of this? As always nowhere to be found. They said nothing, they did nothing, if they exist at all it was as part of that very same vicious mob which ruined the career of a good man.

18. Charlatan

There was an interesting discussion on Facebook about the question of Tim Hunt.

There is a lot to unpack with what happened there. My feeling is that he was treated unfairly.

I also feel this is less an issue to lay directly at the feet of feminism and more something to do with how we engage with each other online. Social shaming and lack of context mixed with the massive amplification of social media have created a perfect storm that we are only beginning to understand.

What's happening here is bigger and more culture changing than I think many are ready to admit.

19. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

The entire witch hunt start to finish was to its very core the product of Feminism. The vicious mob screaming "sexism!", the idea that doubting an accusation or wanting to research it fully is misogyny and "rape culture", the practically stalinist witch hunt which steamrolls over facts and truth in favor of ideology and the party line, the entire fabricated meme that STEM is hostile to women when the fact is they have a minimum 4:1 advantage over men, all of this is directly and explicitly the product of feminism.

So yeah, it goes directly at the feet of feminism just like Nungesser's life being ruined and the entire UVA fiasco. You can no more seperate Tim Hunt's public auto de fe from feminism than you can seperate the spanish inquisition from the church. Start to finish it's a product of the church, operated by the church, perpetuated by the church, and based on the church's values and teachings.

What happened to Tim Hunt is a microcosm of feminism as a whole down to the doublespeak of people defending feminism during and after the fact. The only thing it's missing is an act of outright criminal violence like a shooting or credible bomb threat.

How many more Tim Hunts, Paul Nungessers, Erin Pizzeys, Eron Gjonis, and University of Virginias do there need to be?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Baraka_Guru

But feminism doesn't even have a pope (or a "mater," I guess). There should at least be a grand inquisitrix. This shit should be better organized.

This is feminist anarchy.

• Like Like x 2