View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 01:28 PM   #51 (permalink)
bad30th
Insane

Quote:
Originally posted by iwishiwascool
It makes baby jesus cry when people act as authorities on subjects on which they have NO knowledge on. Step away from the import thread and get back to your displacement fixation.
Firstly congratulations on coming off like a complete elitist asshole.

Secondly, thank you for assuming you know something about someone that you have NO knowledge about (wait...thats what you were accusing ME of? I'm confused.....) And how the fuck do you know whether or not I am an ASE certified mechanic and have worked on hundreds of Mitsubishis??? You fucking dont.

Thirdly, I said NOTHING about displacement....you brought it up. I might say that you have displacement envy, but displacement doesnt matter at all for imports right? Or maybe it just doesnt matter to you. I dunno...I'm confused again....

Quote:
What is different from the OZ edition and the Evo?
Motor, tranny, driveline, suspension, ECU... need I continue. It shares maybe 3 parts with the OZ edition.
Hmm. OK. So lets just pretend for a minute that you are right and the Evo and the econo-box Lancer are NOT the same car. Does tthis also mean that the 03 Mustang GT and the 03 Mustang Cobra are NOT the same car? The Camaro V6 and Z28 are NOT the same car? The Eclipse GS and GSX are NOT the same car?

Give me a fucking break. The latter are all just bigger badder versions or THE SAME CAR. But I guess the Evo is special because you said so....

Quote:
The Evo is based on the infamous 4g63. Infamous for 2 reasons: 1, The DSM 2g crankwalk, in which, due to improperly designed oil squirters the crank, over time, was able to move back and fourth... often just enough to take out the Crank angle sensor rendering the car immobile (Yes I was a victim). 2, for being one of the most resilient inline 4 motors ever (1g). Withstanding 450 hp in OEM form not many motors are half as bullet proof.
I am sorry but this little speech of yours proves nothing, except the fact that you have the uncanny ability to look information up on the internet. Amazing.

You directly contradicted yourself as well. #1 is EXACTLY why the 4g62 is NOT "one of the most resilient inline 4 motors ever." Nice try tho.....

Quote:
Originally posted by iwishiwascoolAnd sorry mr Tj, your stang wouldnt stand a chance in the twisties with either of these cars. You might even struggle to keep up with their mid 13 second 1/4 mile times if you are in stock 14.0 second 01' cobra trim.

Mustangs turning.... that gave me a chuckle.
You ever been AutoCrossing?? (read: "twisties" ) Guess who owns.....Miatas and fucking F-bodies. And guess who owned EVERYONE at the last meet.... a fucking Mustang Cobra. Notice that all these cars are RWD. And why? because a well-driven RWD car is actually BETTER in the "twisties" than AWD. AWD is just easier for a novice to be decent. Pretty much the only time the AWD cars own on an AuotX course is WHEN ITS FUCKING SNOWING.....

But I must be full of shit because no car can beat the EVO!!!

I wont even mention the fact that you are obviously defending this car because you are a Mitsu lover (why I dont know....).....oh wait...I just mentioned it. Oops.

And I also love how people are so quick to jump on the EVO bandwagon....people are sheep.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73