View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Halx
Please touch this.

Owner/Admin
My wet dream has debuted!

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2...spx?xml=veyron

Quote:
It takes a lot to attract attention with a new car in Monterey, where a Ferrari on the street rarely warrants a second glance. But Bugatti was able to do just that with its new super car.

At the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Course is lined with dozens of multi-million dollar collector cars, while over at Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca car owners throw caution to the wind and race wheel-to-wheel with irreplaceable cars on the challenging road course.

But Bugatti did just that, staging the official public debut of the Bugatti Veyron 16·4, and visitors to the Montery Historic Automobile Races at Laguna Seca witnesed the Veyron 16.4 in motion for the first time when it completed several flying laps at leading the field of 40 historic Bugatti race cars to the green flag.

The challenge of attracting attention during this packed automotive weekend even caused me to wonder if the on-track spin entering the Andretti Hairpin on the first lap was actually staged to create more drama. But I suspect the test driver returned to face a number of stern Germans who were not please at having the car pitched off into the dirt.

As the Veyron exited turn eleven and the quad-turbos spooled up for the first blast down the straight, our photographer who was standing at the pit wall felt as if the air was being sucked out of him when the Veyron shot past.

Pebble Beach Concours
After the brief drive at Laguna Seca, the Veyron 16·4 then returned to the lawn in front of The Lodge at Pebble Beach to join the more than fifty Bugatti cars from the past that graced the field, including the Best of Show winner, Peter Williamson’s 1935 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic, one of only two in existence.

A worthy successor to the elegant and powerful Bugattis of the past, the Veyron 16·4 is powered by a 1001-horsepower W16 quad-turbocharged 8.0-liter engine with all-wheel drive. Bugatti claims this new super car will reach a speed of 252 mph. Acceleration is also impressive–the Veyron can reach 180 mph in just 14 seconds!

The elegant design pays tribute to original Bugatti designs and each car will be custom tailored to exactly the buyer’s specifications.

The Veyron is named in honor of Pierre Veyron, a legendary race driver from the 1930s who earned his reputation driving Bugattis.
The new Bugatti Veyron 16·4 is built by Volkswagen, which acquired the right to the name a number of years ago and the company appears to be committed to the elegance, performance, and exclusivity that characterized the Bugattis of the past.

The Veyron 16·4 is expected to sell for more than $1 million. Only a few dozen cars will be produced each year and total production will be limited to 300, guaranteeing the limited number and exclusivity of the original Bugattis.
I asked my boss, "Can I borrow a million bucks? I'll pay you back with all the cash chicks GIVE me to fuck them because I have this car." I've been following this car since Hanxter posted images of it way back in v3, and GOD DAMN it's one sexy machine.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62