View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Loser View Post
Maybe I wasn't clear. Self-defense of someone else's unborn child can still be defined as self-defense. It doesn't need to be "your own", as self-defense laws do not just apply to yourself or the things you own, but can be and often are applied to the defense of others as well.
Tiller wasn't performing an abortion when he was assassinated. That's the bottom line.

Let me put it this way. Let's say that I punch someone in the face in front of you. Two weeks later, you punch me back. Was that self-defense?
Quote:
I never said he was. I said that if his intent was to stop all abortions everywhere, he wouldn't of focused on a specific abortion provider, which you've more or less ignoring.
My point is that you should be careful assigning him rational motivations. His fixation on Tiller was likely the same as many people's: Tiller was a figurehead for doctors willing to perform abortions. And it didn't have anything at all to do with the thing I'd be glad to discuss with you in the other thread.
Quote:
Now, Will. I know you're smarter than this.
I'll make a deal with you. I won't condescend to you anymore and you won't condescend to me. It's counterproductive.
Quote:
1.) Your stretching "all the unborn children" to mean "all the unborn children everywhere" instead of "all the unborn children which would have been killed by Dr. Tiller". Unless, you're operating under the assumption that Tiller performed every abortion in the U.S.-- All 1.2M'ish+ of them-- Then your assertion is illogical.
Again, you're assigning a logical thought process to the terrorist. I see no reason to do so.
Quote:
Once again, Will, I must ask you what part of what you quoted goes against anything I've typed here. I'm obviously dumb, so you're going to have to show/explain it to me.
Let me give you some background on Roeder:
He was diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was younger, and court records from a custody dispute in Pennsylvania state that he doesn't take medication for it.
[He] belonged to the "Freemen" anti-government group in the 1990s and was once arrested for having bomb-making materials in his car.
Here's some more:
Assassination of George Tiller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The man isn't well and is a terrorist.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73