View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Loser View Post
This is untrue. Self-defense laws in the U.S. allow you to defend not only your own physical well-being, but the physical well-being others as well. To illustrate this, imagine if you have a child, and someone tries to harm that child. You can legally defend that child in order to prevent harm. Or, imagine you're walking down the street and you witness a rape in progress. You can legally run to the woman's aid in order to prevent her harm. I'm not so sure why you believe that self-defense laws only pertain to yourself, as if that were the case, then you would be prevented from helping anyone who's physical well-being was being endangered by the actions of another.

...And there's nothing "potential" about a ZEF, much less a viable one.
I don't think I was clear, so let me put it this way: Roeder wasn't saving his child or even his unborn child. Tiller was in a church with family, friends, and fellow parishioners.
Quote:
If Roeder "wanted to stop all abortions everywhere" he wouldn't have merely focused on one specific doctor for years.
You think Roeder was acting rationally?
Quote:
Your assertion of terrorism, aimed at stopping abortions everywhere, which is in itself fairly dumb, is wrong. Before you claim terrorism, you have to prove that Roeder's actions were politically motivated or aimed at stopping abortions everywhere. But given the fact that he has stated otherwise, and the fact that he has been, for lack of a better word, obsessed with a specific doctor, Tiller, for years (And this has also been stated by his close friends) then you have nothing to fall back on except baseless conjecture and empty, emotional rhetoric. Screaming about how much it's terrorism isn't going to make it so.
Roeder's been quite clear in his intent.
Quote:
WICHITA, Kansas (CNN) -- An anti-abortion activist suspected in the death of Kansas doctor George Tiller told CNN on Tuesday the closing of Tiller's women's clinic is "a victory for all the unborn children."
Scott Roeder, charged in the death of Dr. George Tiller, spoke to CNN on Tuesday.

Scott Roeder, 51, would not admit to CNN's Ted Rowlands that he killed Tiller, who was gunned down at his church May 31. But he said if he is convicted in Tiller's slaying, "the entire motive was the defense of the unborn."

Tiller's family said Tuesday the clinic he headed will permanently close, effective immediately, and they would issue no more statements. At the time Roeder was interviewed Tuesday, word of the permanent closure had not come out -- but when told the clinic had been shuttered since Tiller's death, he said, "Good."

Roeder said the closure would mean "no more slicing and dicing of the unborn child in the mother's womb and no more needles of poison into the baby's heart to stop the heart from beating, and no more partial-birth abortions."
Suspect claims 'victory' in closing of slain doctor's clinic - CNN.com

Read that carefully. "all the unborn children", "no more slicing and dicing of the unborn child in the mother's womb and no more needles of poison into the baby's heart to stop the heart from beating, and no more partial-birth abortions." His assassination wasn't because of one clinic, it was because of all abortions, especially "partial-birth" (which isn't an accurate term for the procedure). I don't know why you're missing this. I can find more articles outlining, in his own words, his intent.
Quote:
Don't you ever get tired of flinging around the "T" word? I know I would if I were you. Oh well. I'll say this again: It's not terrorism. And you can throw around the word all day and night, and it still won't make it terrorism.
You'll have to carry on this argument with Roeder because he seems to disagree with you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73