View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #128 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbastid View Post
Spoiler: I still take issue with it. No starship builder in their right mind would even assemble a prototype at the bottom of a gravity well. It just makes no sense--in earth gravity, you've got to build a structure to withstand gravity. You're not building a ship, you're building a building.
Spoiler: Voyager landed on a planet several times. I'm not saying that a Constellation class of ship would regularly be landing, as they have transporters and shuttles, but in an emergency it makes sense to have that basic ability. Sure, we're talking about a few million metric tons of pressure on the bottom of the ship (presumably), but it's the future, damn it!
Quote:
Spoiler: Never mind that you can't fly through a singularity and survive. It's Trek-consistent, but it's bad science. There's no "flying through". Whatever passes the event horizon is consumed and never heard from again. Even information can't escape.
Spoiler: Well the black that Spock and the Narada went through wasn't simply your run of the mill singularity, it was a singularity that was also gobbling up some special kind of supernova. The normal physical laws may not have applied under the special circumstances.
Quote:
Oh also: Spoiler: I wanted the Spock/Uhura romance explained by a change in the timeline too. I liked it, but it's a pretty significant alteration of events, and I would have liked some sort of hint of how that happened, when there wasn't even a whiff of it in the "original" timeline.
Spoiler: It's entirely possible that Spock and Uhuru did have a relationship before the original events of TOS, but because Spock ended up choosing his Vulcan side eventually they broke it off some time before the 5 year mission. They may have been on track to break it off in this alternate reality, but the destruction of Vulcan and the introduction of old Spock lead Spock v2.0 to embrace his human side more may lead him to embrace a relationship with a human, not to mention the heart to heart he had with Sarek about Sarek's love for Spock's mother may have lead him to understand that one may supplement a life without emotion with a deep love for a hot human woman. I myself plan on bagging myself a hot human woman in the future.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73