View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #81 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceventura3
Primary reason was our global war on terror.
No, the primary reason we were there was the WMDs and links to al Qaeda, if you judge by speeches given by Bush, Rice, etc.
Quote:
We were wrong about weapons of mass destruction. Isn't that a good thing? Al Qaeda was not directly linked to Sadaam, Bush has said that many, many times.
Is it a good thing there were no WMDs? Obviously. He has shown that he's not responsible enough a leader to have weapons when he attacked the Kurds. Bush said in mid 2004, "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda: because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda." That's pretty cut and dry.
Quote:
We acted sooner in the war on terror than we did in WWII. Isn't that a good thing? If we had a re-do on WWII I know I would have acted sooner, not later.
That's not really an apt comparison. Germany had the power to take over all it's neighbors and had one goal: global domination. the al aeda, for example, has goals more like "removeal of Western militaries from the Middle East".
Quote:
As long as others want to steal the lives and freedoms of others, the fight will continue, don't you agree at least in theory?
I will continue to figh Bush as long as he sees fit to steal our freedoms in the name of a fight that he is making worse. The real quesion is: Who wants to steal our lives and our freedom? There have been no real civilian targets hit on US soil by radical Islamic terrorists.
[QUOTE=aceventura3]This is real, not fantasy.[/QUOTE
Iraq being a threat to the US was fantasy.
Quote:
They want us dead. They want our allies wiped off of the map. They want you to be Muslim and live by their rules or die. I don't understand your point.
You said they are a threat to our freedom. That's silly. How are they keeping us from practicing free religion, press or speech? It's nonesense language intended to stir motions and cloud logic. If there is anyone or any organziation that is a threat to our freedoms, it has been made clear it is the current administration.
Quote:
Perhaps some kind hearted person can go and interview them and findout what they want? I think that person would be murdered.
And if they sent someone over here to figure out why we keep bombing them and attacking them and getting into wars with them, they would be tortured. So?
Quote:
Why did Sadaam invade Kuwait?
Saddam invaded Kuwait because of he made the false assumption that Kuwait was a part of Iraq and that Kuwait had been slant drilling in other Iraqi territories.
Quote:
Why do you think he would not want to do it again?
He can want to do things all he wants but Kuwait has a lot of allies because of their oil, and Saddam had lost his ability to make war.
Quote:
Why did Sadaam send missles into Isreal?
You mean the scuds back in 1991? Iraq was trying to provoke Israel into unilateral action. Again, we're talking about then, when Saddam has military power, and 2003, when he had almost none.
Quote:
Why don't you think he would want to again?
He can't. After the early 90s, Saddam no longer had the means to wage war.
Quote:
Why did Sadaam declare war on Iran?
Saddam invaded Iran after many border disputes and after Iran was calling for Saddam's regime to be overthrown.
Quote:
Why do you think he would not do it again?
Why? Iran would have raped Iraq had he tried anything after the early 90s. Iran is actually quite powerful. Iraq became nothing more than a bug.
Quote:
Why did Sadaam kill thousands of his own people?
He couldn't control his family, government and he is quick to rash action.
Quote:
Why do you think he wouldn't do it again?
Again, he lacks the means.
Quote:
Why did Sadaam burn oil fields?
Duh.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73