View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
shakran
Tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paq

And yea, i believe all politicians shoudl be challenged, starting with bush and working the way down...hell, just challenge bush once and watch what happens...

We've already seen what happens. When Irish journalist Carole Coleman dared to ask tough question of the president, he lodged a complaint with the Irish embassy in Washington, and to "punish" her, refused to let her interview his wife even though it had already been set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_loser
Whoa... We must have watched a completely different video, because I've no idea how you came to this conclusion.
Well he's apparently also concluded that receiving a blowjob is a felony, so I'm frankly not gonna put much stock in those conclusions.

Wallace's question would have been reasonable ONLY if he asked the same thing of President Bush, who ignored bin Laden for 8 months before 9/11, and then began ignoring him again as soon as bin Laden's use as an excuse to destroy and take over Iraq.

Clinton had a point. He tried to kill bin Laden. And I believe him when he says he'd have a lot more troops looking for bin Laden than Bush does. But then he'd have a lot more troops to spare since he'd never have been stupid enough to invade Iraq in the first place.

Clinton had another point - running around trying to peg blame on him is stupid. Even if it was 100% his fault (and only a complete mouthbreathing idiot would honestly believe that), it simply doesn't matter at this point. We haven't invented time machines, so it's not like we can go back and change it. He's out of office so it's not like we can vote him out.

Maybe I'm weird but I'm more interested in going forward to clean up the huge mess we're in than I am in finding (the wrong) people to blame for it.

Back to Wallace for a bit, he's biased as hell, but I really don't care. If you wanna be biased, go for it, but for fuck's sake, ADMIT it. Don't run around claiming to be "fair and balanced" when you treat the republicans with kid gloves and try to crucify the democrats. And it's not just Wallace. Look at that horse's ass Cabuto. He doesn't even TRY to hide it. He practically drools over himself when he's interviewing a republican, then turns around and is rude and needlessly argumentative when interviewing anyone else. If he thinks he's fooling anyone but the most vacuous of bandwagoners he's nuts.

And before Ustwo or Marv or someone else gets all up in arms, I'd be saying the same thing if someone tried to pull that on the opposite side of the fence. Olbermann is obviously biased in his commentary but he doesn't try to hide it like the jackasses at Fox.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73