View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
jusolson00
Tilted

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaya
I think it's a great idea, personally... and hey, it's not really ON V-Day, is it guys?... he's planning the big event for February 25th. So go for it. Damn, I've never heard of any guy spending so much energy planning for romantic events this early in the game... are you sure you are doing this for her, or is it for you to get attention for doing romantic things?

My only worry is that she'll start expecting things like this from you on EVERY holiday... e.g. her birthday, Christmas, etc. Are you prepared to live up to your own high standard? Two months together is really just the beginning, and this event you are planning is huge... unless, of course, you plan to propose very soon.

I will say, though, that when I came back from Africa and Iceland after 2.5 months away from my bf (we had been together for over a year at that point), he surprised me with a hotel room, flowers, gifts, candles, wine... it was SOOOO cool, I was just awash in amazement at his planning. If we did that three times a year, though, I dunno... I think it's better when saved for very special occasions. Not to mention it costs a LOT for you to do all that!

P.S. Are you in the military?

Thanks Abaya for the engourament and To answer a few questions and address some of the other reply's.. first off I'm not in the military, and I am not going to propose soon.. But we have talked about it... about the future and we both see ourselves with each other down the road.. but we both agree we want to give it a year or so then seriously look at marriage. I just really care about here and would like to do this for her. I do realize that I have to be carefull not to out do myself so early in the game.. This has crossed my mind so after some thinking.. I may tone it down a bit... just a bit. maybe just a massage for an hour at the spa place?... I could go all out with facials, manicures, ect... but maybe i'll save all that for another time down that long long road .
and as far as promoting the commericlization of V-day... Hell.. 3 roses on the 14th isnt going to break the budget and is pretty mild... and my whole surprise is on the 25.. a week and half after the fact.. so she'll never see it coming.. she'll just thank me for the flowers and think things are hunky dorey.

So how bout more on topic... what do you ladies like at the spa?... what do you think of just the massage at the spa??? I'll keep you update when i can and thanks for the opinions!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73