View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
Bill O'Rights
will always be an Alyson Hanniganite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat
Oh right. So hang on, you're saying apartheid was...good? Beer prohibition in the '20s in the US was "sweet as"!? OKAY THEN. THE LAW SHOULD NEVER BE QUESTIONED. THE LAW IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ALL OF THE TIME.
I never said that the law is absolutely right all of the time. I said that the law is an absolute. Something is either against the law, or it is not. If you do something that is against the law, then you are breaking said law, and by default are therefore subject to any penalties and punishments associated with the breaking of said law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat
The law is essentially "someone elses 'really good idea'", though. Or rather, "someone elses good idea which has been agreed upon by like minded people".
Ok then. When you are standing before the judge, or the magistrate, for violating a "law", try telling him, or her, that all you really did was violate someone else's good idea which had been agreed upon by like minded people. Let me know how that work for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat
You're a Repuplican, right?
Say what? Ok...I'm not even going to dignify...no, on second thought I will. So, because I believe that the law is absolute, that I believe in obeying said law, and that I believe that unjust laws (yes, there are unjust laws) should be overturned by established procedure in place....I'm a (gasp) Republican?

No. As a matter of fact, I am not. What I am, however, is 43 years old. Yup. I've circled the track a few times. Picked up a couple of things along the way. Sometimes the hard way, sometimes not.

Now, I'm not saying that it's morally wrong to ply your underage date with alcohol. Done it mysef a time or two. Well, of course that was a lot of years ago. Point is, it was against the law then, and it's against the law now. And that law is an absolute.

"Hedonism with rules isn't hedonism at all, it's the Republican party." - JumpinJesus

It is indisputable that true beauty lies within...but a nice rack sure doesn't hurt.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73