View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 09:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
greeneyes
Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmarsh
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. Let me make it perfectly clear: I am not a fan of Barry Bonds. He doesn't play for the Red Sox and has said that Boston is too racist for him. His loss. Do I hold it against him? No. Barry Bonds playing on the left coast has no bearing on my life nor does his alleged steroid use. The person his situation should effect is Barry Bonds.
I hate to burst your bubble here, but Bonds was not the only person affected. His fans, his teammates, major league baseball as a whole were all affected.

Quote:
Okay, then, how do you feel about Martin Luther King, Jr. and just about every playboy bunny and supermodel?
I said I wouldn't agree with it and I don't. Stop beating the dead horse already.

Quote:
What's to say its not? Maybe the Babe couldn't relax without these things before the first pitch.
But a beer and a "limbless whore" are not drugs, they are not performance enhancing so it is therefor not the same. Again, apples and oranges.

Quote:
If you want to discuss fact, how about Ted Williams personally handpicking bats at the Louisville plant during the 40's while other player had to pick from what was sent to the clubs? That seems like a big advantage but no one knocks #9 for exploring some advantages outside of natural talent.
How do you know that no one knocks #9? I personally think that it is wrong but aside from that, what the hell is your point? Stop throwing all of these "for instances" out there to try and mire down what is really the discussion here. If you really had a leg to stand on, you wouldn't have to grasp at straws with this inane shit.

Quote:
Why not just stay out of other people's affairs, like Barry Bonds, and say you're sorry? What has Barry Bonds done to make you tell him to "screw"?
When did I tell Bonds to "screw"? See that thing to the right? It's a scroll bar. If by using that you can tell me where I told Bonds to "screw," I'll give you a dollar.

Quote:
Did he steal money from your grandmother? Did he run over your dog and then get out and piss on it? No. All Barry did was do what he thought was best for his family: become the best in his profession.
Let's not get biased here and make it seem as if Bonds was noble and doing this for his family. The guy cheated to become the best, so he was never really the best at all.

Quote:
The Giants pay him millions because he puts people in the seats and he gets that SF Giants logo on the front page of newspaper in the USA and other parts of the world. So, yea, when I blame the media it is because they fuel every little story until it becomes bigger and bigger until it gets out of control.
If you don't like the media because it does what the public wants, don't read newspapers, don't watch tv, and certainly don't get online. Easy enough. Furthermore, I hardly call an investigation by the US Department of Justice which led to a grand jury hearing a "little story."

Quote:
Information is the most dangerous weapon in the world; not a ball player and certainly not a steroid.
Don't be so trite.

Are you on Bonds' payroll? Because otherwise I don't understand why you would make such asinine comments.

Go on and save yourself
Take it out on me

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54