View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
KMA-628
....is off his meds...you were warned.

Boulder is to Colorado as Berkely is to California--it is fair to say that these are the most liberal towns in these states.

However, Boulder is a gorgeous city. One of the major projects I worked on was in Boulder, so I was pretty much up there every day--for the most part, I like Boulder (better looking women than Denver too, but I digress)

Some more news came on the radio this morning: The local news radio station is reporting the CU Boulder suddenly called off the "buyout" talks (with no explanation why), but they added "all options are still on the table". They are reporting that the talks were stopped because of the plagiarism charges and the teacher scuttling charges--but that is purely conjecture as this information is not new, if these things were bad enough to stall talks, the talks never should have happened.

Here are the issues they (they being the media) cite with Churchill: Plagiarism, making up facts for his research papers (some of them), scuttling another teacher (a Canadian), given the job under AA (his minority status is in dispute), intimidation of students that disagree with him, and being given tenure as a gift, not earning it (he got tenure really quickly).

Rather than requote the media, here are come links to the local news here in Denver with "churchill" search terms:
The Rocky Mountian News
The Denver Post
9news - Local NBC

Plus, more news about CU Boulder, some pretty heavy accusations of racism (odd for such a liberal school and town).
Charges of racism at CU Boulder

As I mentioned, the media here has their targets on CU Boulder, and have for quite awhile:

1) Rape
2) Sexual Harassment
3) Football Recruiting: Underage drinking/hookers, etc
4) Many questions about School expenditures ($500,000 worth of alcohol bought from a company owned by somebody that works at the school or has some association with the school)
5) The Churchill story
6) And the new racism story

There's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Around here, you pretty much get tired of hearing about CU.

While I won't force my kids to go/not go to a certain college, I will obviously discourage them from going to CU--there are many other colleges here in Colorado that are better, in my opinion.

Edit: Interestingly enough, the story about the Christian teacher losing his job gets ZERO media play here in Colorado. I have only seen this story on the link in this thread and the O'Reilly interview.

I find that a little odd since we get a daily diluge of CU stories around here--but no one is talking about this particular teacher.

Last edited by KMA-628; 03-12-2005 at 10:57 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62