View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
slushi999
Tilted

Here is the updated & modifed email. Please review for final revision and let me know if you reccomend any more changes. Thanks guys and thanks kramus.

Dear Jeff

This is in reference to Brad's email regarding relocating to upstairs. At that moment, there were two computers setup in my cubical, one on the left and one on the right side. When I realized that James had moved over to my spot during the shift change, I verbally communicated with him that he is more than welcome to setup his computer on the left hand side with my pc. I knew he had a KVM switch that we can both use interchangeably. I was open for solution to get a working setup for both of us. There are applications from the PC on the left side that I and Fakhrul use to function throughout the day.

When I came in to work one weekend I was surprised to see that Brad had setup his pc, and I had no idea that he was going to totally disconnect mine. At this point I was going to setup a basic profile on his pc for use but it came to be that he had some administrator lock on it, and there was an error message that his computer is “ not available on Turner domain,” so it wasn’t even accessible and he made the entire position untenable. At this point there was a KVM switch that was in my bottom right hand drawer and not in his box. While I attempted to get it setup and plugged it in to my pc with the monitor, I realized it required a power adapter. I noticed it was not in my drawer. I went in to look for the power adapter but couldn’t find it and that I did not go into his box just randomly. Hence, I attempted to set up the switch with the purpose of making a better situation for both of us, so we can both have our access to pc’s - using one monitor on the left side and a KVM on the top. I had mentioned to James that I attempted to look for the adapter and could not find it. I feel he has taken this way out of proportion, and has over blown this as this something he has done in prior situations.

I feel this was just a miscommunication on our part. I have a email to verify that I tried to communicate with him to formulate a setup on setting up the switch so that we can both have functioning pcs and have a comfortable and operational working environment.

I have a good working relationship with all my peers and supervisors.

Sincerely,

Shawn Jones

Last edited by slushi999; 03-11-2005 at 07:20 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62