View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Halx
Please touch this.

Owner/Admin
The catcher that the Dodgers got will be their AAA starter, and if he does will in camp, they'll give him the majors role. That shows how shallow they are around the bases.

Now, I wanna say something about Alex Cora. He is a better hitter than those numbers indicate. He's clutch. You know you can count on him to give you a quality at-bat when you need it. Do I need to recall the 18-pitch gem against Matt Clement that ended in a home run and knocking Clement out of the game? And his defense.. amazing.

Beltre/Izturis/Cora/Green was an amazing infield defensively. I know Green is a right fielder, but he adjusted to his defensive position beautifully. The other guys kept making amazing plays... one after the other. Izturis earned that Gold Glove. Beltre should have gotten one, but I will admit that Rolen did make me say "Damn! Nice!" a few times. Cora and Izturis turned an amazing amount of double plays.. with so much accuracy and flare... they were a whole other show within the game. I don't see how Kent can help the defense at all.

I don't know how you can justify anything up to this point. The fact of the matter is, we have no sluggers. We have no contact hitters. We have no offense. We weakened at defense. We can't depend on the pitching staff to save us. We'll be like the Diamondbacks last year when Randy Johnson pitched. That guy could throw some amazing games, only to have his team fuck him over with their lack of defense and hitting. Granted, their bullpen was pitiful, but Randy threw up only like 2 or 3 goose eggs the whole season and still ended with a shitty W/L.

Einstein once said that the difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success. We shall know in a year's time which of those is Paul DePodesta.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54