View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 03:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dostoevsky
Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosnakeeyes
Is coaching overrated in the NBA? Can a guy like Phil Jackson take a team like New Orleans and win a championship... or was he overrated as a coach since he had jordan, shaq, kobem, and pippen
Coaching is definitely not overrated in the League. It may not be quite as important that a coach knows his X's and O's, but they better find ways to motivate guys who make millions of dollars to play hard and together every game. That's why Phil Jackson is the greatest coach of this era, he understands psychology and has a knack for getting the most out of his stars.

Quote:
whats it like playing overseas... ive heard horror stories of guys not getting paid?
Playing overseas is cool. The money is nice, the lifestyle is great, it can be a little lonely at times though. I miss America sometimes. You are right on target about guys not getting paid sometimes. That shit happens regularly. In fact, I was with a team in Croatia at the beginning of the season that still owes me $3000, fucking bastards. I've been in France for a few months now and this club pays me on time and in full, thankfully. Your agents is the one who should make sure he's not sending you to a team that doesn't pay. That's his job. My guy is still trying to get me the rest of my money from Croatia, I'm pissed...

Quote:
im a big lakers fan.... whats your take on Kobe and other players in the nba's take on him.... is david rivers still the man overseas?
Dudes in the league DO NOT like Kobe. From what I've heard, he's an even bigger asshole than he gets credit for. Just not a very cool guy to be around. I don't really have a personal take on Kobe being as I don't know him, but my opinion of him is VERY low based on first hand accounts I've had.

David Rivers...that name is familliar but I can't place it, sorry man.

It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener.

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54