View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 02:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lasereth
Knight of the Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliali
Want some unsolicited advice?

Consider respecting the people who voted against you. You will clearly need some of them in the future. I don't mean all democrats, but, be honest, most of you think Bush and those who voted for him are stupid or ill-informed and you like to talk about that a lot. You can ride smug superiority all the way to Whig status or open your minds up a little bit. Don't be insulted if this isn't true for you, but this way of thinking was almost uniform for the dem.s I talked with this time around.

Tell Michael Moore to shut his trap.

Stop being so divisive on college campuses--that stuff sticks with people, for and against you and the fors are so rabid they turn off most leaners.
This is where it's at. I'm a Democrat. I believe in Kerry's policies much more than Bush's. You know why I was pulling for Bush? Because every single Democrat I've ever met believes that anyone who is not Democratic (and ESPECIALLY the Republicans) are simply fucking idiots. This is not the case. There IS such a thing as two political parties; two parties with different beliefs within the US is not uncommon. It seems in the past four years that every Democrat that gets the chance to say something negative about our Government MUST chime in that all Bush supporters are fucking stupid and ignorant. It's simply pathetic how closed-minded and IGNORANT 90% of the Democrats were this time around. Accept that some folks have different political views and GET OVER IT.

The college campus situation is correct as well. There are so many Democrats at my school that say all Republicans are morons and that Bush is worse than Hitler (literally) that it really turns me off to even consider voting Democratic. The Democrats push and push and push everyone to hate Bush, and frankly, it makes you hate those exact people. The Republicans on campus said vote for who you want to...the Democrats said if you vote for Bush then you're a fucking moron. Which side do leaners choose?

And the idiot Michael Moore. Good film-maker? Yes. Liar? Yeah. Having that moron on the Democratic side is a bad move. He's doing everything I mentioned in my first paragraph to the 10th power.

Like I said before, I'm a Democrat, but I was actually pulling for the Republican side for this election because the Democratic state was ridiculous. All of the crazed Democrats need to get that there's more than one political party and that non-Democrats aren't ignorant bastards.

-Lasereth

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73