Thread: NBA Fans?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 01:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
espi
Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobear
At the risk of subjecting myself to public ridicule, I am a Golden State Warriors fan. Yea, that's right, a Warriors fan.
Wow, that's gotta be tough. I've been in the Bay Area for four years now, and I think I've watched enough Warriors games to make the decision that they stink, to matter what they do. They just have no team chemistry. I don't know where there problem is, but it seems to be the case no matter who the players or coaches are. (Although, Brian Winters was an abomination).

I'm not sure what Mully is trying to do there. He has said he wants to develop the young players for the future, but then he goes out and gets Dale Davis, Derek Fisher and Eduardo Najera. Not exactly going for the young guys. (Although, I do love the Najera move - that's a good dirty work guy that does the little things to help a team win. Dallas is gonna miss him this year).

I'm also of the opinion that they should think about moving Richardson. I don't think he has what it takes to be franchise player. He's selfish, inconsistent, and plays nearly zero defense. I'd much rather see them giving the time to Pietrus; he plays hard on the defensive end, and has some decent scoring abilities. I think he's going to end up being a much better 2 Guard than Richardson (although, that's not saying much).

The Pacific Division is pretty stocked with the Lakers, Kings and Suns, so I don't think the Warriors have much of a shot making the playoffs this year. So, they would be better off letting their young guys develop. Here's their most promising (but not necessarily best) starting five, as I see it:

PG: Speedy (let him start already!)
SG: Pietrus
SF: Dunleavy
PF: Murphy
C: Foyle (no choice, really. Dale Davis is gotta be 73 by now.)

In the rotation, I would heavily favor Najera (I'm not sold on Dunleavy) when you need a defensive stop or a few rebounds, and bring in Richardson for instant offense. I don't think Biedrins has much of a shot cracking the rotation this season, but you have to remember he's just 18 or 19 years old.

I'm not even going to get into the whole Montgomery thing. I just don't see how the Warriors can fire the only coach that has done a damn thing at least four years to bring in an unproven college guy. But, I'm not going to talk about that.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73