View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Ummm Mr. UsTwo I am a thinking, intelligent person as many on TFP are and I sir am a DEMOCRAT because I am a thinker and can see that what you and the GOP offer is faux Conservativism. IT IS NOT what Goldwater taught and it is not in any way shape or form healthy for our country.

Bush's conservativism consists of:
-bigger government, more deficit more spending and not just a loss of jobs but a loss of net income to middle and lower class families
-more laws in the guise of "patriotism" (the Patriot Act, the Marriage amendment),
-more inequality (sure he may give a $250 tax rebate to families but states and cities in order to make up for the Federal cutbacks end up taxing more by raising property taxes, sales taxes and income taxes so that Federal tax rebate is pretty much tripled in the money going out by these people in new taxes or the states and cities have just cut services to the bone that affects the middle and lower income brackets... but we won't talk of that because we don't want people to realize the truth now),
-and fewer chances for the poor to advance. A decrease in educational values,
-a decrease in allowing a fair and equal playing field for the small business owners (while increasing corporate welfare, and allowing companies to purge their employees),
-a healthcare system that is very fast becoming one of bankruptcy,
-a war that was unecessary andis bankrupting us
-a promotion of fear and hatred
-a theocracy and religion dictated governmentdisguised as "moral and just"

Not one of those bullets are in Goldwater's teachings. But of course mention Goldwater to a neo-con and they shudder saying he was too liberal. Funny, the conservative wing of the GOP started with Goldwater.

So, Mr. Ustwo, do not sit there and act as though your party and their platform and beliefs are far greater because in the end the freedoms we love in this country will be gone, very soon. Keep preaching hatred and how great you are though... hopefully people will see the ego and the self righteous elitist piousness and start waking up to the reality this president is giving us.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73